Phoenix Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cargo Bay - Deck C

+4
Mischa Brendel
James M
Silent Hunter
Zuzutoo
8 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Cargo Bay - Deck C Empty Cargo Bay - Deck C

Post  Zuzutoo Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:57 pm

The ladies were conducting an inventory of the armory, which required spreading out the weapons and ammo across the cargo hold.
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Cargo Bay - Deck C Empty Re: Cargo Bay - Deck C

Post  Zuzutoo Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:09 pm

The intercom buzzed again. Poppy's dejected voice came across. =Any big stong men that want to come help me get out of here would be greatly appriciated. Soon...=
-Poppy
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Jelena Markov heard the intercom voice and stopped what she was doing.

"Guess I got to go help the damsel in distress", she said to Sue and jogged over to the intercom. Hitting the button, she spoke into the microphone.

= Does it have to be a strong man? = she asked.

- Jelena Markov

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:17 pm

The voice responded in a much more perky tone. =I'm not one to be picky while I'm the one locked up. A strong woman is equally welcome.=
-Poppy
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:53 am

Jelena moved over to the hatch connecting the cargo bay to the shuttle bay. Finding the manual release lever, she braced herself and pulled as as hard as she could, hoping her strength would be sufficient to release the door.

- Jelena

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:22 pm

As she pried on the door handle nothing happened . it wouldn't budge, she needed Mark and his 22 inch arms

James / GM

OOC: Ok folks I have to write the departure of Gunther since Mike has decided leave the sim, He has handed me the owner's slips, I will write this into the plot line , for now Mark has to help get that door open

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 pm

Marks bootsteps could be heard on the stairs, soon he arrives on the scene of Jelena straining on the door handle, her muscles flexed

" Here let me try , give yourself a rest "

Mark grabbed the handle which was a wheel with an extension handle, he applies his big arms and cranks hard grunting as he did so. but nothing moved, there was the sound of metal giving way , but no movement

" What the... "

Then Mark puts his arm inside the wheel, and locks it to make it act like a lever, then applies force, the big arms flex with power, then a loud snap and Mark flies into the lift doors with the wheel in his hand , It had snapped off
He lays there against the lift doors and looks at his bruised right arm with the wheel now laying on the floor

" Now thats disturbing ! "

Jelena tries the backup lever and the door releases, Mark starts to laugh at the whole situation

" Me Tarzan, you Jane "

Mark Ho Chang

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Jelena was not amused at the reference and the apparent victory of Mark when she had done the job.

"No", she said glaring at Mark, "You brawny idiot, me clever".

That was another bit of the ship they were going to need to fix adding to the expense of the repairs that they were inevitably going to undergo. Even more so, it made her look like a weakling, which wouldn't impress Poppy one bit.

She stormed off, after briefly smiling at Poppy. She didn't want to compound the situation -a lesson she'd learnt the hard way over the years.

Seeing Jelena head away, Sue walked over to Mark - she'd already been approaching. She run her hand through her hair and looked embarrassed, as well as a bit flustered.

"Excuse my friend", she said nervously, "She can be like that at times".
- Fire Duo

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Sun May 01, 2011 1:54 am

Silent Hunter wrote:Jelena was not amused at the reference and the apparent victory of Mark when she had done the job.

"No", she said glaring at Mark, "You brawny idiot, me clever".

That was another bit of the ship they were going to need to fix adding to the expense of the repairs that they were inevitably going to undergo. Even more so, it made her look like a weakling, which wouldn't impress Poppy one bit.

She stormed off, after briefly smiling at Poppy. She didn't want to compound the situation -a lesson she'd learnt the hard way over the years.

Seeing Jelena head away, Sue walked over to Mark - she'd already been approaching. She run her hand through her hair and looked embarrassed, as well as a bit flustered.

Mark's chuckle had faded at Jelena's response , Poppy had stepped through the hatch and was offering to help him up

He takes her hand and uses his legs to power himself to his feet

"Excuse my friend", she said nervously, "She can be like that at times".
- Fire Duo

" I will have a chat with her once I take care of some things, Poppy I'll let Ryan know about those seals, We have a mid air refueler on her way to top us up , I need you with Gunther in the cockpit "

Mark turns his attention to both ladies

" I'm having a crew meeting on the bridge in 30 minutes, things are changing here in a big way "

Mark Ho Chang

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel Sun May 01, 2011 7:22 am

James M wrote:" I will have a chat with her once I take care of some things, Poppy I'll let Ryan know about those seals, We have a mid air refueler on her way to top us up , I need you with Gunther in the cockpit "

Mark turns his attention to both ladies

" I'm having a crew meeting on the bridge in 30 minutes, things are changing here in a big way "

Mark Ho Chang

"Let me know about what?" Ryan had been on his way to the shuttle bay already to help out with getting the fuel from the shuttle into Atlantis' fuel tank. He looked at Mark, who was still hugging the snapped wheel. "What did you do that for?!" he asked a bit shocked. As if he didn't have enough repair work on his hands already, now the crew seemed to be adding chores to the list.

-Ryan Bow

OOC: Thanks for setting things up again, Kevin!
Mischa Brendel
Mischa Brendel

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sun May 01, 2011 8:37 am

OOC: Indeed. Thank you for the set-up!

Silent tpo the Fire Duo

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sun May 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Cargo Bay - Deck C Poppysm

Poppy made her way past Ryan as he headed in to look at the fuel pump. She gave him a polite smile in passing. She had a ship to fly. "See you on the Bridge Mark." She responded back to the Pilot.

She walked out into the mass of Guns strewn across the floor. A rather bewildered look came across her face. "What happened in here? Is this something I should be worried about?" Thoughts of space pirates, Independents and those fanciful Reaver stories began to fill her head. She looked to where Jelena was working for some reassurance.

-Poppy

OOC: Happy to have everyone showing up and posting again. I was really missing this.
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sun May 01, 2011 12:58 pm

"We're inventorying", Sue replied, "Got a load of stuff we've collected over the years that needs sorting out. This is how we're doing it".

She turned back to her device and started adding some more stuff to the list.

- Sue Ling

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sun May 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Cargo Bay - Deck C Poppysm

Poppy stared at the overwhelming horde. "How many folks normally fly on this boat? Are we equipping an army or opening a store?"

All these guns were making Poppy nervous. She knew this was how these folks made there living, but it was still a bit unnerving to her.

Half buried in a stack of exotic looking weaponry she spied her bright blue courier tube. Her heart began pumping in shock. She swiftly walked over and pulled it from the pile of lethality. "What is this doing here?! This is personal property being held by the Captain!" She didn't really wait for a response as she hugged the long cylinder close to her chest. Gunther had said the armory was secure. What was the point of hiding something if it was going to be handled by the mercenaries of the crew? She was appalled. She and the Captain need to have a talk. She stormed towards the lift.

-Poppy
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel Sun May 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Ryan stared after Poppy, not sure what had just happened. He felt he had walked into the middle of a play without having read what the story was about. "Right", he said, remembering he had a job to do. "Are there any more parts some of the crew want to rip off the ship, or can I continue with getting the ship into one piece again?"

-Ryan Bow
Mischa Brendel
Mischa Brendel

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Mon May 02, 2011 3:01 am

Mark stood there by the lift as things played out, Ryan was grumpy at the sight of him holding the wheel/handle of the door, Poppy was not fond at finding the courier tube parked with the various weapons which were stacked on various crates of gym equipment
Mark sets the wheel out of the way and gently places his hand on Ryan's shoulder

" I'll fix this one Ryan, Just give me the tools and a hardware kit, I think that jolt knocked things around inside the hatch, by the way there is a mid air refueler on it's way so transferring the fuel from the shuttle is not necessary, I need you to look at the fueling station and advise what it needs to bring it up to specifications, Poppy mentioned possible seal problems , that means any fuel transfer is out of the question, ON another note I am having a crew meeting on the bridge in about 30 minutes "

Mark releases Ryan's shoulder

" I'll need my chief there "

Mark begins to look at the hatch and finds a twisted shaft, then he finds it would need to be re hung since it was not sitting properly in the frame, for the time being he closes it and latches it with the safety lever that Jelena had used

Then it was up to the bridge to make a ship wide announcement

Mark Ho Chang

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel Mon May 02, 2011 5:14 am

James M wrote: Mark stood there by the lift as things played out, Ryan was grumpy at the sight of him holding the wheel/handle of the door, Poppy was not fond at finding the courier tube parked with the various weapons which were stacked on various crates of gym equipment
Mark sets the wheel out of the way and gently places his hand on Ryan's shoulder

" I'll fix this one Ryan, Just give me the tools and a hardware kit, I think that jolt knocked things around inside the hatch, by the way there is a mid air refueler on it's way so transferring the fuel from the shuttle is not necessary, I need you to look at the fueling station and advise what it needs to bring it up to specifications, Poppy mentioned possible seal problems , that means any fuel transfer is out of the question, ON another note I am having a crew meeting on the bridge in about 30 minutes "

Mark releases Ryan's shoulder

" I'll need my chief there "

Mark Ho Chang

Ryan's face grew more serious at the tone of Mark's announcement. Was something wrong? "I'll be there." He wondered why it was Mark calling for a meeting and not the captain himself. Although captain Lindemann coulld easily have asked Mark to belay the message, that was not his style. He preferred to announce these things himself. Besides, Mark had said "I'll need my chief there". But before he could ask about it, Mark had already left to work on other matters.

No use in pondering about it; there was work that needed to be done. The fuel system needed to be checked and apparently the seals were acting up. Ryan sure hoped that it didn't mean that he'd have to go out on the hull again; he'd just come back from a space walk. Ryan sighed, and stepped into the shuttle bay, to check the fuel tanks on this level.

-Ryan Bow

Mischa Brendel
Mischa Brendel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed May 04, 2011 3:39 am

Brandon was busy chatting with Morgan.

He thought it odd to see Mark down here, but didn't think much of it until Mark broke the door. He shook his head and sighed. He was also amazed at the man's lightning speed, as just moments later he was making a ship wide announcement on the PA system.

"Is there ever any down time on this ship?" he asked Morgan.

~Brandon Miles~

OOC: Heh, just had to poke fun at Mark's speedy "help" with the door, then just as quickly back upstairs to make announcements. LOL! That man can move!

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel Wed May 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Immediately after entering the cargo bay, Ryan hailed the bridge.

= "Captain, this is Ryan. We have a problem. There's a leak in one of the gaskets of the fuel pump. Hydrogen gas has been building up in the shuttle bay, but I can't close it off, since the hatch to the cargo bay has been damaged. Give me a minute to think of something to close it off. But right now I need you to take the pressure of the hydrogen tanks, sir: I need you to vent our remaining fuel from the tanks into space. It's the only way to take the pressure off." =

Right then the chief engineer spotted his colleague. "Brandon! I need you over here right now!"

-Ryan Bow
Mischa Brendel
Mischa Brendel

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Fri May 06, 2011 1:41 am

Mark arrives in the cargo bay and finds Ryan and the two ladies, he glares at the two ladies

" I want you two up to B deck right now, there is hydrogen gas filling this compartment due to my breaking the hatch, and a leak in the shuttle bay, move NOW!! "

Mark turns to Ryan and hands him a respirator then puts his on

" OK chief, I'm here to help, I can deal with that hatch, just hand me the parts and the tools "

Mark looked over at the con ex container and walks over to it, With Ryan's help he finds the parts, Now it was some hand tools and he could fix the hatch so that they could isolate the leak

Mark Ho Chang ( My first day as captain and I break my ship )

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel Fri May 06, 2011 11:35 am

OOC: Don't forget assistant engineer Brandon who is also on this deck.

IC: Ryan was quick to hand over his toolbag to Mark, so that the man could start fixing the hatch. If they could close the hatch properly, then all that needed to be done was open the shuttle bay doors to vent out the hydrogen. The chief engineer could hear is own breath sounding in the respirator as he held the hatch in place so Mark could seal it off. "Remember", he said, "Don't use an open flame, or the place will light up like a Christmas tree."

-Ryan Bow
Mischa Brendel
Mischa Brendel

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri May 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Sue and Jelena ran for the door as fast as their legs could carry them, not even bothering to look back. As they got out of the cargo bay, they headed for the stairs, mounting them two at a time.

"Can anything go right on this ship?!" Jelena yelled as they headed up.

- > Corridor - Deck B

A few seconds later, the hatch at the top of the stairs to Deck B slammed shut. A few seconds after that, Sue's voice came over the comm.

-> Cargo Bay, this is Sue. We're on Deck B. Hatch is secure.

It might be a good idea to shut down the intercom system - a spark in that could cause an explosion.

- Fire Duo

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri May 06, 2011 10:38 pm

OOC: Don't forget Morgan is here also.

IC:
Brandon looked up from his conversation with Morgan. Ryan looked... panicked?

"What's the problem, Chief?"

He overheard the Chief reporting the situation to the bridge.

"Nǐ zài jiǎng shén me pì huà!" he exclaimed, then went a bit red looking back at Morgan. "Uh, sorry about that. I'll catch up with you later?" he asked as he trotted over to the chief about the same time Mark was entering the cargo bay again. The appearance of the big man made his mouth drop.

"Gǒuzǎizi, no wonder you're such a good pilot with reflexes like that!" Brandon couldn't help but wonder how so much muscle mass could move so quickly.

He cocked an eyebrow at Mark barking orders.

"Easy, cowboy..." Seeing as the chief didn't need him after all, he accompanied Morgan out of the cargo bay.

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicole Rennolds Sat May 07, 2011 12:06 am

OOC: Sorry guys, got busy with work and such and didn't realize everyone had started posting again. I'll try to get caught up!

IC: Mark's announcement that there would be an important meeting on the Bridge took Morgan by surprise, but she assumed the meeting would be to announce the departure of Sergeant Highbridge, and officially announce her promotion to XO. She had no idea what was actually going on with the Captain.

Mark was barking orders like crazy, but none of them were addressed to her. Brandon briefly left to assist Ryan, and Morgan just stood in the Cargo Bay for several minutes watching the chaos unfold, occasionally opening her mouth to make a suggestion, but always getting cut off. A few moments later, Brandon rejoined her.

"My expertise seems to be the least useful in the room right now, so I'm gonna head up to the Bridge for that Very Important Meeting, and to see if the Captain has a job for me to do," she said to him, waiting to see if he would go with her.

Morgan O'Doyle

Nicole Rennolds

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Sun May 08, 2011 3:28 am

Mark haulted what he was doing and pulled the respirator off his face , he gently grabs Brandon by the shoulder

" Hey Brandon I need you to fix this hatch with Ryan, I broke it and by the looks of the twisted shaft it needs your skills along with Ryan's to get back in working order , I have some captainy things to attend to on the bridge "

Mark changes the filter in the respirator and hands it to Brandon along with the tools and then slowly hands over the work to him so as not to cause any more damage to the hatch since it was partialy unbolted from the frame

Mark looks at Ryan

" I felt bad about breaking the hatch so thats why I offered to help fix it, But I think between you two it will get fixed better than what I could have done, Keep me posted on your progress "

Mark awaited the engineers response just in case they needed a hand or some one to run and get a tool

Mark Ho Chang

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next