Phoenix Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transporter Bay - USS Repulse

3 posters

Go down

Transporter Bay - USS Repulse Empty Transporter Bay - USS Repulse

Post  Silent Hunter Wed May 25, 2011 8:05 am

Having changed into an EVA suit, Captain Anna Heinz arrived in the transporter bay ready to beam down. She moved to the console and talked to the operator.

"Everything set?" she asked.

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Transporter Bay - USS Repulse Empty Re: Transporter Bay - USS Repulse

Post  Zuzutoo Wed May 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Transporter Bay - USS Repulse Janiri23sm
The room sparkled with the incredible transporter energies. A meter long metallic cylinder materialized. It was heavily scored with burn marks and appeared to have several conduit bundles ripped from the top. If Captain Heinz had any questions about what was going on, they were interrupted by Commander Ja'niri entering the room with two of her science personnel.

She merely pointed to the device and the two junior officers immediately set about retrieving it. "I expect a detailed analysis of the recordings very soon." she stated sternly to the officers as they carried the device out of the room. She always hated leaving work to less expereinced staff, but there were other tasks to attend to.

She was dressed in a standard issue 3/4 length field coat. The left pocket bulged with her personal tricorder. She walked to the Captain and spoke softly. "Captain, I ordered the recovery of Regula One's data recorder beacon. Hopefully we will get some more detail as to what happened here. My scans showed traces of Federation Phaser and Klingon Disruptor fire in the immediate area. By the background radiation, I would calculate this battle occurred within the last 20 hours."

Lt. Ta'ask and five security officers in light armor entered the room. They were armed with Phaser rifles and photon grenades. Ta'ask set about having his team collect the remainder of their field equipment from the lockers in the prep room. Ja'niri gave the lizard a brief nod.

"Captain, as we are beaming into a potentially hostile situation, I have had Mr. Ta'ask outfit his team for combat. You may also wish to know, scans show an oxygen atmosphere in the cave complex. It would appear at least part of the system is man made. There must be atmospheric processors down there, although I don't show energy signatures high enough to power such a device, but there appears to be adequate air to breathe. You may find something other than the EVA suit more comfortable."

-Ja'niri

Last edited by Zuzutoo on Wed May 25, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed May 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Heinz listened to the update. Klingon fire did not sound good at all.

"Notify Starfleet of that immediately", she ordered, "We have to assume the worst. While there is an oxygen atmosphere present, I still intend to take EVA suits; there may be hostile forces there and they may try and vent the atmosphere on us".

She looked at the beacon that was now sitting in the transport bay and spoke softly but firmly.

"Best we check that first", she said, "If we can't get anything off it though in 20 minutes, we go anyway".

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed May 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Ja'niri had done battle in an EVA suit before. It wasn't fun even by 24th centry standards. The bulky contraptions used in this century were more a hinderance. But this was the Captain's choice. "Aye Captain." she responded to Heinz.

She pointed at the two secience officers baring the recorder unit to be on their way. Her Antenae tracked them as they left hte room. She would personally check on their work in the next few minutes, but she had to deal with the away team now.

"Mister Ta'ask Have your team outfitted with environmental suits. Keep them loose in case we come to close quarters. Insertion is in 20 minutes."
The lizard responded "Yessss Ma'am."

=/\= Commander Sullivan, I need an encoded top priority channel opened to Starfleet Command. Please notify me when I many transmit.=/\=

She bowed with respect to the captain and quickly made her way to the science lab. There was a data recorder that needed processing.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed May 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Transporter Bay - USS Repulse Taasksm
Ta'ask responded "Yessss Ma'am." to the blue Commander. He breathed in deeply. The mammals smelled unhappy about having to don the EVA suits. Similarly, Ta'ask was not over pleased with the idea. A suit had been fabricated for his unusal body type, but it hardly fit well. It also made it impossible to bite or claw the enemy. Still, limitations to the skilled hunter only made the kill more enjoyable. He turned to his squad. "No complaintssss! You have your ordersssss. I want EVA sssssuits on and ordinance prepared for limited atmossssphere engagement." He snapped with a razor sharp grin that begged for someone to defy him. As uncomfortable as he was around senior officers, Ta'ask knew how to handle common prey. These were stong mammals he served with, but they were still just mammals. The scent of the hunt did not stir their blood the way it did his. He made his way to the locker to star sealing himself into the uncomfortable environment suit.

-Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed May 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Dr. Badawai entered hurriedly, carrying her medical kit. A medical tricorder was attached to her belt. She paused in her step a moment at the sight of Ta'ask, but seeing the captain in the EVA suit stopped her in her tracks. She looked over at the empty transporter pad.

"I was just told there are people down there, Captain! If someone is hurt, we need to get down there right away!"

~Dr. Badawai~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Thu May 26, 2011 12:46 am

Ta'ask swiveled an eye towards the doctor as he finished locking down the helmet on her EVA suit. He looked like some sort of reptile terrarium inside the domed visor. Whether that was comforting to the doctor or not remained to be seen. He picked up his phaser rifle and his squad fell into formation behind him as they marched out to where the captain was standing.

-Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Thu May 26, 2011 7:13 am

Jason Andersen wrote:Dr. Badawai entered hurriedly, carrying her medical kit. A medical tricorder was attached to her belt. She paused in her step a moment at the sight of Ta'ask, but seeing the captain in the EVA suit stopped her in her tracks. She looked over at the empty transporter pad.

"I was just told there are people down there, Captain! If someone is hurt, we need to get down there right away!"

~Dr. Badawai~

"Right!" Heinz yelled, "Everybody get ready to beam down on the double!"

She headed for the transporter pad and checked that her phaser was working properly. She set it on stun. The EVA visor rather hid her nerves - she wasn't very used to up close and personal encounters with the enemy; being on a ship was so much easier.

Once everyone was in position, she made a downwards motion to indicate that they should be transported down to the cave.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Dr. Badawai, still without an EVA suit on, stepped onto the transporter and waited. She obviously didn't think it necessary to don one, and not being present for the Captain's order to put one on she figured it was merely a precaution the others were taking.

Her mind was set solely on getting down to the planet as quickly as possible to save as many lives as she could.

~Dr. Badawai~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Thu May 26, 2011 10:51 pm

The captain's communicator chirped on the arm of her EVA suit.

=/\=Ja'niri to Captain Heinz. Ma'am we need to talk about our adversary.=/\=

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri May 27, 2011 6:42 am

Adversary? Heinz wondered as she stepped off the transporter. Have they found someone then? This was a mission-changer; it might well result in combat pretty quickly. She pressed her comms button to respond to the message, which she was sure that everyone had heard. She tried to hide the 'what is it now' tone in her voice with only partial success.

=/\=Heinz to Ja'niri. Will this affect our away team mission, which is honestly pretty urgent?=/\

She was going to hold for 30 seconds, then take an appropriate tactical decision?

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri May 27, 2011 12:37 pm

=/\=Yes Captain, the matter is important and does require your attention. I will join you immediately.=/\= The voice of the XO was quiet and cold, making her sound even more inhuman than usual.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Ta'ask shifted impatiently in his EVA suit. He found the lack of olfactory sensation more annoying than he had recalled. His eyes quickly swiveled around the room. The mammals looked somewhat disturbed, but he had a difficult time knowing for certain without being able to smell them. He chomped lightly with his long powerful jaws wondering what the delay was. There was prey afoot.

-Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri May 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Zuzutoo wrote:=/\=Yes Captain, the matter is important and does require your attention. I will join you immediately.=/\= The voice of the XO was quiet and cold, making her sound even more inhuman than usual.

-Ja'niri

Heinz stood waiting at the entrance to the transporter bay, her concern growing. If it was so important it couldn't be mentioned easily over the comms, then it was going to affect a lot of things. She walked over to one of the walls and leant against it, keeping an eye on the door and thinking through what the situation was.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri May 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Ja'niri walked back into the transporter room, still dressed in her field coat. She located Captain Heinz leaning against the bulkhead. "Lt. Ta'ask would you take your team into the preparation room for a moment. Doctor, if you could accompany them. You as well chief." She motioned for them to enter the adjoining room. She came very close to the captain to speak in confidence.

"Captain, it would appear from the data recorder, Regula One and it's orbiting weapons platform were attacked and destoryed by a warship of the Cardassian Union. Do not be concerned if you have not heard of them, they are an resource impoverished race clinging to life, at least in this time period. This ship in not from your time. It's capabilities are likely more than a match for Repulse."

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri May 27, 2011 4:23 pm

"Ah", Heinz replied quietly, "Noted. If they turn up, let me know please".

She stepped away and returned to the transporter, taking her place and checking her suit was fully secure.

"Beam us down", she ordered, maintaining a firm and steady tone. She was after all in command. Preparing for the sensation of transportation, she thought of the first time that she'd done one of these. It was a truly amazing technology, but to be honest, she didn't like the concept too much. Shuttles were much more easier to handle.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri May 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Dr. Badawai looked relieved when the conversation took only a matter of seconds and they were recalled back into the transporter room. She stepped back onto the pad, still without an EVA suit, and waited for transport. She was looking even more anxious than before - she just hoped they weren't going to be too late to help whoever was down there.

~Dr. Badawai~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri May 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Ja'niri's antenae curled back at the Captain's quick dismissal of the situation. There was the Cardassian tendency to use booby traps, torture and of course the obvious what the hell are they doing here factors. Ja'niri bit her lip and walked over to claim a phaser pistol from the ready room. With the Captain's apparent haste there was no time to get into a EVA suit. If the captain's concerns were true, then Ja'niri and Doctor Badawai would be the first to go. So be it. Ja'niri preferred to have a faster reaction to kill the enemy if she had the chance.

Lt. Ta'ask and the secutiry team walked by her onto the transporter pad. She readied her tricorder and weapon and followed.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 pm

The transporter chief initiated the transport....

i||i i||i
. i||i

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 pm

<--- time cut --->

=^= Chief? Do you have them? =^=

i||i i||i
. i||i

Dr. Badawai and her staff stepped off the platform and all hurried to Sick Bay.

A moment later, the rest of the Away Team appeared on the platform.

=^= Transporter Room 1 to Bridge. The Away Team is aboard. =^=

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Heinz stepped out of the transporter as soon as it was safe to do so and ran at full tilt for the bridge, gesturing the others to follow her.

- CO
-->

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Ja'niri was thinking the same as the Captain and immediately made for the bridge. She held open the turbolift door for her superioro officer who was trailing behind due to the cumbersome EVA suit. The doors quickly closed, she held the control lever. "Bridge." And away they went.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down