Phoenix Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bridge - USS Repulse

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bridge - USS Repulse Empty Bridge - USS Repulse

Post  Jason Andersen Thu May 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Ensign Roux sat at the helm, monitoring their progress towards Regula.
Commander Sullivan was busy at the master situation station, adjusting the duty rosters and preparing for support for the upcoming away mission.

Other officers were attending their stations - navigation, sciences, tactical, comms... the only stations that were currently vacant were the engineering, propulsion, and environmental stations - all of which were being watched over in main engineering.

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Bridge - USS Repulse Empty Re: Bridge - USS Repulse

Post  Silent Hunter Fri May 20, 2011 9:04 am

Captain Heinz entered the bridge and waited for Roux to vacate her chair before sitting down.

"What's the situation?" she asked the Ensign as she got comfortable. Hopefully, everything was A1. It would need to be with the upcoming mission.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri May 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Bridge - USS Repulse Taasksm
Lt. Ta'ask clattered onto the bridge, his toe claws scraping as he went, drawing some ire of his crewmates. He walked up to Commander SUllivan and handed her a Padd with the names of five redshirts (sorry I guess rednecks in Movie times) to assign to the away team. "Ma'am, the personel you had requested." His eyes independent shifted around the bridge looking at the activity underway. He needed to get to the armory to inspect the field equipment before folks started suiting up.

Lt. Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri May 20, 2011 10:00 pm

OOC: Just a note, Roux was at the helm station (ie, the "conn"), not in the captain's chair. If anyone would have been in the captain's chair, it would have been Commander Sullivan. However, I did not assume Heinz wasn't already on the bridge considering she was only make a brief stop by her office. Wink

I also didn't assume anyone "had the bridge" in Heinz absence, since Heinz didn't specifically state anyone having the bridge (that I recall, anyway). Figured it was just some extra who would get up and leave when the Captain came in, since Sullivan didn't relieve him/her of command of the bridge.

Not a big deal, but I did want to clarify that Roux wasn't in command of the bridge (it could be important later).

IC:

Ensign Roux replied, "Situation nominal. 18 minutes until we arrive, Captain. We are within visual range of Mutara, ma'am."

Commander Sullivan took the pad and responded, "Thank you, Lieutenant." She nodded to him to indicate she needed nothing more from him, and immediately put the names into the duty rosters and began adjust schedules accordingly.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat May 21, 2011 6:44 am

OOC: OK, fair enough. My mistake - sorry.

IC: Heinz nodded.

"Put Mutura up on the screen, then take us for a full orbit, scanning to see if there are any other vessels within range".

She leant forward, resting her head on her chin. This was an important part of the mission; they could be in battle fairly soon if a Klingon or Romulan vessel was present.

"Tactical, make sure we have full weapons capacity".

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sat May 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Ta'ask turned to the central chair. "Captain, Phassssers are at 100% and Photon Torpedoesssss are loaded an ready at your order. Hull polarization is active and ssssshields sssstand at ready." Ta'ask was grateful Ja'niri had ordered the weapon's drills prior to the meeting. His crews were quick and sharp.

-Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon May 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Ensign Roux worked her console. "Aye, Captain. On screen and magnified."

What was displayed was the Regula planetoid, with a large debris field orbiting it - the space station had been completely destroyed.
Bridge - USS Repulse Eqcmye

"I'm reading the distress beacon within the debris. No other vessels detected, broadening search."

After a few seconds, she reported, "No other vessels in the sector, although the Mutara Nebula is too dense for our scanners to penetrate."

~Ensign Roux~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Bridge - USS Repulse Janiri23sm
The doors of the turbolift swished open as Commander Ja'niri entered the bridge. She was startled to see the image on the main screen. She went immediately to the main science section. She ran immediate scans on the debris field looking for the recorder beacons identifying the Regula One lab and the origin of the debris and any trace energy identifying the source of the destruction. It looked like their rescue mission was a little late. Now she had to determine what caused this catastrophe.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Tue May 24, 2011 5:42 am

Heinz's mouth dropped open as she saw the remains of the space station. It was unlikely that anyone had survived, but they had to check.

She got up and leant forward, looking at the screen closely.

"See if any of the debris is intact enough to retain atmospheric pressure. Then check conditions on the planet and let me know if we'll need suits for this. If you can launch a probe into that nebula, so much the better. Also determine what is likely to have caused that destruction. If we can run a computer model, we'll be able to identify if the force was external or internal".

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Tue May 24, 2011 11:13 am

"Aye Ma'am." Ja'niri responded. "Launching probe. However it is unlikely to provide much information, the Nebula will dramatically reduce the efficiency of the sensors." She programed a type two probe on a parabolic course into the nebula and launched it. Her antenae swept the data from the sensors on the debris waiting for the analysis, while she read the database entry on the Regula planetoid. "The Regula planetoid is a dense metal body, there is no atmosphere. It is essentially a dead world. I am receiving some unusual faint readings from deep inside the core."

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Tue May 24, 2011 2:46 pm

"What sort of unusual readings?" Heinz asked.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Tue May 24, 2011 3:17 pm

An antenae bent to a odd angle as Ja'niri focused on the results, her voice remained cool and dispassionate. "Difficult to tell from the metalic composition of the planet, it may be interfering with the sensors. It appears to be several subterranean chambers, which might show life readings."

OOC: Taking minor liberites with this Jason, in that I assume we would be gettng readings from the original Genesis Cave from Wrath of Khan. Let me know if you want it some other way.

-Ja'niri/Kevin
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue May 24, 2011 10:14 pm

OOC: Yes, you are right on Kevin - that cave from STII is still there. PM coming shortly.

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed May 25, 2011 7:58 am

Heinz quickly got up.

"Let the transporter crew know the location of those caves and notify the away team that they need to suit up now. We'll be beaming down in 15 minutes. Commander Sullivan, you have the bridge".

With that she walked quickly from the room.

- CO

--> Transporter Bay

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed May 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Ja'niri actually turned and followed the Captain off the bridge with her eyes and antenae. The analysis of the scans was nearly complete, she was just about to report her findings... She turned back to the science station looking over the streams of data filling the screens...

...that was interesting. She needed to report her findings to the Captain. But there were several things to take care of first.

"Commander Sullivan, inform the away team to assemble in Transporter Room One. You have the Conn while the away team is on the planet. I am showing residual traces of Klingon disruptor fire. It would appear the Federation assigned a weapons platform to Regula One and the debris about us is from both of those stations. Take us to Red Alert and have phaser crews at the ready. Raise Shields until we insert the away team. I will inform the Captain directly."

=/\=XO to transporter room. I am sending you the coordinates for a device in the debris field. I need that on-board immediately. I will join your shortly. Bridge out.=/\=

She cued up the com to the science lab. =/\=Lt. Greyson and Ensign Malech report to Transporter room one immediately.=/\=

She then stood promptly and left the bridge.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed May 25, 2011 9:43 pm

"Aye, Commander," came Sullivan's reply. She immediately began gathering the names of away team to do a blanket announcement.

^= "Away team report to Transporter Room One" =^

The tactical officer raised shields and set the status to red alert. The familiar red alert sound was heard on the bridge as the lights flashed red. Sullivan signaled for the stand-by ops and science officers she had prepared for in advance, and then took the captain's chair as Ja'niri left.

Admiral Carter entered the bridge at this point, signaling Sullivan to remain where she was and taking a place at one of the science stations.

Sullivan breathed out to relax herself and then stated, "Establish standard orbit, Ensign. And keep us out of the debris field."

Roux slowed the engines to impulse and entered a standard orbit. "Aye, ma'am."

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed May 25, 2011 9:59 pm

=/\= Commander Sullivan, I need an encoded top priority channel opened to Starfleet Command. Please notify me when I many transmit.=/\=

Sullivan looked over to the Communications officer, "Mr. Rivera." The man nodded to the Commander and immediately began opening a channel. After a few seconds, he replied, "Channel open, ma'am."

=^= Commander Ja'niri, channel open. Transferring to your closest station. =^=

With the channels closed again, Admiral Carter stated, "Commander, you may want to see this." He was looking at the screen of the science station he was at. Sullivan got up from her chair and came over. Her eyes went wide, then she turned away and opened another channel.

=^= "Bridge to Dr. Badawai, we are reading faint human life signs in the planet's interior. Prepare for potential casualties." =^=

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:33 am

The CO's voice came through the comm.

=/\=Captain to Repulse. Inform Starfleet that I believe the Genesis device is not, repeat not, on this planet. Most of the technical crew are dead; although there are injured survivors. With evidence of Klingon disruptor fire, we have to suspect the worst. =/\=

- CO

Last edited by Silent Hunter on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Signing post)

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Sullivan's face was grim.

"Aye Captain."

She nodded at the Comms officer, who began reporting their findings to Starfleet Command.

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Another message came in from Heinz.

=/\= Heinz to Bridge. Where is the nearest transporter capable starship to us? =/\=

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:02 pm

A few seconds passed while Commander Sullivan consulted the charts.

"The USS Hathaway is 33 hours way, Captain."

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:01 pm

=/\= Understood. Get them here A-SAP. Hold one second. =/\=

Sullivan looked apprehensively at Admiral Carter, who was grimacing. She knew he had history with the Hathaway, but she didn't think he would show it so openly. She paused a moment, waiting for the Captain to complete the orders, but something struck her and she realized the reason behind the Admiral's face.

"Captain, I am obligated to remind you that we are operating in a restricted sector. The Hathaway doesn't have the permission from Command that we do to operate here. Would you like me to contact Starfleet Command to request permission for the Hathaway to enter the sector?"

A warning beep came up from Navigation. The officer there silenced it, but started investigating it right away. Sullivan's attention went to Navigation while she listened for the Captain's communique.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Heinz replied after a couple of seconds.

=/\=Yes=/\=, she said, =/\=Please do that and make sure we're ready for warp as well.=/\=

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Commander Sullivan said nothing, but nodded to the Comms officer to make the call. She didn't much like having to call in for help. Whatever the problem was, she felt the Repulse could handle it. She briefly wondered how this would look to Command.

The Admiral turned back in his seat and studied the monitor in front of him. Whatever his thoughts, he had his poker face back on.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:06 pm

The Navigator had finished his analysis of the alert. "Commander, something is emerging from the nebula."

"On screen," she replied.

"Unable to get a clear picture," was the response. "The nebula is interfering."

"It's a ship of some sort," Admiral Carter added, checking the sensors from his science station. "But its dimensions do not match any known vessel."

Sullivan keyed the comm.

=^= Repulse to Away team. Captain, a ship is emerging from the opposite side of the nebula. =^=

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next