Phoenix Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Observation Lounge - USS Repulse

3 posters

Go down

Observation Lounge - USS Repulse Empty Observation Lounge - USS Repulse

Post  Zuzutoo Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Observation Lounge - USS Repulse Janiri23sm

Ja'niri's antennae swept the room as the officers looked to the Captain as she briefed them on their mission in the Mataru Sector. The sector of space had been forbidden for well over a century when Ja'niri had first learned of it. Ok, that was really a century from now, but her knowledge of future events didn't help her with this problem. The Mataru Sector was the center of more conspiracy theories than any other place in known history. It had been a subject of fascination for Ja'niri when she had been at the Academy.

Records show there was once a sprawling gas nebula, that now was gone. The only authorized studies of the area stated there was some kind of spontaneous gas explosion that consumed the nebula. The Klingons stated that it was a secret Federation weapons facility that exploded. The Orion syndicate felt it was a terrorist bomb. What little scientific data existed on the area never matched any explanation. The area was an enigma.

What was of some concern to Jan'niri was that no history book recorded a rescue attempt in the sector, particularly the one they were about to begin. And the Captain was referring to a failed terraforming idea that had been defunded for over a decade. Genesis as it was known, never achieved any of it's benchmark results and the Federation abandoned the project. At least that is what the official records said.

"Captain, what would this Genesis project have to do with this mission. It was closed down years ago?" Ja'niri inquired, confident in her 24th century schooling.

-Commander Ja'niri, XO/CSO

Last edited by Zuzutoo on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Observation Lounge - USS Repulse Empty Re: Observation Lounge - USS Repulse

Post  Zuzutoo Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Observation Lounge - USS Repulse Taasksm

Ta'ask knew to keep his wide toothy mouth shut. He was still not accustom to being in briefing meetings like this. His experience had been in combat and tactical ground maneuvers. He listened to orders and he obeyed. He was very inclined to take initiative within his job duties, but he was not one to question his superiors. Had a lesser male challened the Alpha, if he survived the encounter, would likely face banishment from the pack. His eyes fixed on the blue commander addressing the Captain. Her alien scent bothered Ta'ask, she was difficult to read. The humans were not ones to fight over such an encounter, but Ta'ask's instincts told him there could be blood in the air. His toe claws clicked on the floor plates, which caught the attention of the Doctor seated next to him. Ta'ask grimaced a little in embarrassment showing a hint of his razor edged line of teeth.

-Lt. Ta'ask, CTO
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Tue May 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Zuzutoo wrote:[img]https://2img.net/h/i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/hollyzuzu/janiri23sm.png[/img

"Captain, what would this Genesis project have to do with this mission. It was closed down years ago?" Ja'niri inquired, confident in her 24th century schooling.

-Commander Ja'niri, XO/CSO

"Alas, no", Heinz replied with a sigh, "They're trying to restart it".

She remained patient: Heinz had only just found out herself today.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue May 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Dr. Badawai looked startled - but whether it was at Ta'ask's toothy grin or at the idea of starting Genesis back up was uncertain to those around her.

"As if the tensions with the Klingons weren't high enough," Commander Sullivan added. "Why would they want to restart Genesis and stir up that old hornets nest again?"

Lt. Vorot countered, "It is not illogical to think that someone would attempt to improve the Genesis project. Many strides in terraforming technology were made as a result of the research done by the Genesis team, even though the project as a whole was a failure. Just because someone may turn science into a weapon, does not mean we should cease attempting to make scientific breakthroughs."

-GM

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed May 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Ja'niri's antenae rolled up in disapproval of what was being said. Genesis had made strides forward in terraforming, but even mentioning the project tended to get most proposals rejected just from the stigma of being is some way associated with the doomed project. While the Vulcan was being quite logical, logic rarely prevailed amidst scandal and fear.

"So what do we know about the specifics of the mission (ooc: Don't remember what we had in last briefing exactly)? We should have the schematics of Regula One. How many personnel are we expecting to extract or rescue if need be?" She stated in a soft icy tone.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Thu May 05, 2011 6:16 pm

"Our priority is to retrieve or destroy the prototype by any means necessary. The crew are based inside a large cave on a planetoid. I don't know likely numbers off hand".

Heinz wasn't too familiar with the general composition of science expeditions - she spent much of her time around drives.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Thu May 05, 2011 11:16 pm

"They've constructed a working prototype?" Dr. Badawai asked, sounding incredulous.

"Interesting," Lt. Vorot responded.

Commander Sullivan wore a grim face. "What are our orders, Captain?"

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri May 06, 2011 12:39 pm

"Simple", Anna replied, "Go in - retrieve or destroy the prototype by any means necessary".

She noted Badawai's incredulous look, but decided to say nothing. Seriously, he should be more open-minded. Or at least have a better poker face.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri May 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Search and destroy. Two words that rang happily in the slits Ta'ask had for ears. There would be prey afoot, even if it were mechanical. His predeatory instincts were kicking in already. His nervous grimace slowly unzipped into a wide toothy smile of satisfaction, a look that might even more unnerve poor Dr. Badawai.

-Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri May 06, 2011 2:02 pm

"Captain, the ship is ready for action and our course is laid in. May I assemble the away team for this mission?" Ja'niri inquired, her antenae extending upward on her forehead. She enjoyed the excitement of awaiting potential conflict and danger. Something in her species thrived on the andreniline from tense situations. Cool as they seemed to others, Andorians often had the hottest of blood.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri May 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Heinz nodded.

"Yes, you may", she said before pausing, "If possible, I would like to lead this. I feel that my engineering background may be useful".

If Ja'niri recommended against it, then Heinz could turn it down and save face. She had to appear as more than an armchair Captain after all. Never send someone in to a situation you wouldn't be prepared to go into yourself, as they said.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri May 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Commander Sullivan stiffened a bit. Of course she knew those orders, the Captain had just stated them a moment before. But the mistake was hers in how she had presented her question.

"Pardon me, Captain, I was vague in my question. What are your orders for us, sir?"

She glanced at the Admiral. He remained silent. She knew the question could come across as showing lack of independent initiative. But she was still trying to feel out this new Captain, and as Chief Ops she had to know if there were specific orders beyond a normal mission.

Dr. Badawai was frowning. Something obviously didn't sit well with her, but she had picked up her pad and started entering something into it despite the scowl on her face.

Lt. Vorot sat with the emotionless look of any Vulcan. He had already given his report of readiness from Engineering. He only awaited dismissal from the Captain.

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat May 07, 2011 7:28 am

Heinz looked at her Chief Ops.

"Ensure that the ship is fully ready to fight anyone who may be trying to acquire the Genesis Mark II. Prep for both Klingons and Romulans".

She looked around to see if there were any further questions.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sat May 07, 2011 12:05 pm

OOC:Out of curiosity, should we send down all active players for the Away Team. TOS Trek never had a problem throwing all flag officers into hostile situations. Being smart and safe didn't happen until TNG. Plus it can often get dull to be left behind on the ship.

-Kevin
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat May 07, 2011 12:21 pm

OOC: I agree with that very good suggestion.

Silent tpo Heinz

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 pm

OOC: Yes, exactly. In this time period, captains still led away missions, and took whoever they wanted with them. Smile

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed May 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Ja'niri's antennae straightened up. "Very good Captain, I would like Lt. Ta'ask along for the away team, his unique security skills may come in handy. Mr. Ta'ask, select a three person security detail to guard the captain. Dr. Badawai, if you or one of your personnel would accompany us. Commander Sullivan, what is our expected time of arrival to the station?"

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Thu May 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Dr. Badawai nodded. "I'll go. I've already given my staff instructions to be ready for any casualties we need to bring onto the ship."

Sullivan started to check her data pad when Ensign Roux stated, "42 minutes, sir." She blushed slightly when Sullivan looked up at her. "Pardon me, Commander."

Sullivan waved it off. "Not at all. You are Chief Flight Conn, after all."

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed May 18, 2011 12:07 pm

"Very good." Ja'niri snapped out in a strong but quiet voice. Her antenae were flexed and ready for business. "I will expect the away team to assemble in Transporter Room One for outfitting in 30 minutes. We don't know the situation on the station so be ready for action. Captain, any further orders?" It ran through Ja'niri's mind that the 23rd century was not as acclimated towards the strong XO position as the 24th, but she would work as she had been trained.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed May 18, 2011 2:20 pm

"No", Heinz replied, "Can't think of any. Dismissed. I'll be on the bridge if anyone wants me - just need to go to my office first".

With that, Heinz headed for the doors, which swished open as she pushed.

- CO
-->Bridge

OOC: Wasn't TOS one of the first works to feature automatic doors?

Last edited by Silent Hunter on Fri May 20, 2011 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding redirect to other thread.)

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed May 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Dr. Badawai hurriedly got up and exited at the opposite end of the room - presumably headed for the Med Bay. Whether she had things to attend to or was just getting as far from Lt. Ta'ask as quickly as possible could be speculated on.

Lt. Vorot followed her out the door almost as quickly, but in a relaxed demeanor that showed he was only moving to where he was needed and nothing more.

Ensign Roux followed the Captain back to the bridge, where she resumed control of the Repulse's flight controls.

Sullivan stood in place for a moment, checking something on her pad, before addressing Lt. Ta'ask, "Lieutenant, please notify me as soon as you have picked your security squad, so that I may adjust the duty rosters accordingly." She punched a few more things into her pad before she made her way back to the bridge, nodding to Ja'niri as she passed, "Commander."

Admiral Carter remained, keeping vigil over the room as he mulled over how that briefing went, and what he would have done differently.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Thu May 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Ta'ask's claws clattered a little against the floorplates as the Commander addressed him. She did not have the smell of prey despite her soft fleshy appearance. He was still filled with some lack of confidence in his new position as a department head. Still he knew his job and would not let down the unterclan that was the crew of the Repulse. "Yessss Ma'am. I will ssssend you the rossster immediately."

Ja'niri watched as the reptile crossed by. Something in her ancestral insectoid instincts didn't sit well with the reptile. She could see his propensity as an asset in action and for that she was most intrigued by the peculiar officer. Her antenae bent with him as he exited the lounge. Her head turned briefly at Commander Sullivan's acknowledgement. She likewise responded back with "Commander."

The lounge was mostly cleared. She placed her padd into the large pocket in her duty jacket. Her attention went to the Admiral standing by the door. The transfer of command was still fairly recent, so she dared make inquiry outside the standard chain of command. "Admiral, are there any specific instructions you would have for this mission. I am aware of its sensitive nature." Captain Heinz was new as a ship's master and appeared to come from a more academic and technical background. In battle she was yet to be proven. Ja'niri was more than happy to support her Commanding Officer, but wanted to do whatever she could to assure the success of the mission.

-Ta'ask & Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Thu May 19, 2011 11:02 pm

The Admiral broke out of his internal thoughts and digested the Commander's words. It took him a moment to decide if he had specific orders that were not already covered by what the Captain had said.

"You are correct, Commander. This situation is very sensitive. If we do not recover the prototype, it could break the already fragile alliance we have with the Klingons, or have even more dire consequences if the Romulans get their hands on it. We shouldn't make any assumptions - remember that the Khitomer attack was carried out by a terrorist group made up of Federation, Romulan, and Klingon parties. The possibility of another such group attempting to disrupt the peace we now enjoy is not out of the question."

He turned and looked out of the windows, over the aft of the ship where the nacelles could be seen glowing as they propelled them at warp speed to their destination.

"I understand if you have concerns, Commander. Every Captain has to go through their trial by fire. For Captain Heinz, I didn't expect it to come so quickly. But she wouldn't be in the position she is if she wasn't capable of handling herself. Nor would you have been appointed First Officer if I didn't feel that you were able to carry out those duties."

He turned back to Ja'niri, as if he wanted to add more, but thought better of it.

"We are all adjusting to our new roles. Only time will tell if we are successful in them. For now, carry on with your duties."

He headed for the opposite door, away from the bridge, but paused before he got to the door.

"This could be a pivotal point in the Federation's history. If we fail, who knows how the future could be affected. It is the responsibility of all of us to ensure that we do not fail. Do you understand, Commander?"

~Admiral Carter~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Observation Lounge - USS Repulse Moz-screenshotObservation Lounge - USS Repulse Janiri23sm
Ja'niri was exceptionally aware of implications for the future. It still bothered her that no record of this mission was found in the files of the Mutara Sector. She was also aware that no Andorian Captains by the name of Jaylas sh'Iniri Therach came from this time period either. "Sir, we will not fail!" she stated with a seriousness that almost made it believable.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri May 20, 2011 10:04 pm

"I have every confidence in this crew's abilities to succeed in any mission we take on." And well he should, considering he had hand picked most of them. He smiled at her, and added, "When has failure ever been an option for Starfleet, Commander?"

Then he left the room.

~Admiral Carter~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down