Phoenix Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 2: The Only Way Is Murder

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Episode 2: The Only Way Is Murder Empty Episode 2: The Only Way Is Murder

Post  Silent Hunter Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:23 am

Monday 25 January 2016, 0930, GMP Headquarters

It was snowing. Heavily. Two inches had fallen overnight, resulting in traffic chaos and the closure of a large number of schools. Someone had already been arrested for breach of the peace after knocking an old man over with a snowball and there had been a fatal accident on the M62.

Neither of these exactly concerned Syndicate Four of the Greater Manchester Police Serious Crimes Division, colloquially referred to as Sierra Charlie Four, but something else would soon.

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Episode 2: The Only Way Is Murder Empty Re: Episode 2: The Only Way Is Murder

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:17 pm

A man with a heavy overcoat and a fedora-like walking hat entered, holding a paper and a coffee in his hand. His coat was white at the shoulders with accumulated snow, as well as the top of his hat. Pulling the hat from his head, he knocked the snow off it, and brushed off his coat as well. He was handsome, in his late twenties, and had an air of confidence about him. He looked around the empty headquarters.

"Bloody hell, it's cold," he commented to the empty room. He put his coffee and the newspaper down on a desk. The nameplate on the desk read, 'Aidan Dunhill'. He shed his overcoat and hung it up. He found it odd to be in the office alone - the snow must have delayed his colleagues.

He sat down and started reading the paper while he finished his coffee.

~Dunhill~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:50 am

The newspaper's coverage mostly focussed on the wave of cold weather that had hit much of the North, catching local authorities by surprise. There was also a piece about a likely strike by tram drivers over pay - just what this city needed at the moment.

As he was reading, he heard someone enter the room and stand by the water cooler. When he turned to look he saw a tall, balding man who had put on some weight over the years, dressed in a white shirt with black epaulettes. The epaulettes each had a set of crossed tipstaves and a crown on.

Dunhill didn't need to see the name tag to recognise a man he'd seen in the press recently. While saluting might not be appropriate, standing up was certainly so.

He was looking at Sir David Cartwright, Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police.

"Good morning", his ultimate boss said.

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  GemH89 Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:45 pm

A tall dark haired women entered the office she wore a Parker which was slightly covered with snow,in her hand a steaming cup of coffee which she sipped from as she approached one of the desks, taking off her coat she placed it on a chair and the coffee on the desk the name plate read 'Abigail Bentley' she was an attractive women in her mid twenties and possessed an air that told those around her she was not one to be messed with.
Until now she had been in a world of her own but seeing her colleague and the Chief she remarked a slight smile playing upon her lips despite not feeling all that cheery.

"Morning Chief,Dunhill"

-Bentley

GemH89

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Aidan set his paper aside and stood up, coming around to the other side of his desk.

"Good morning, Chief. What can I do for you, sir?"

He nodded at Bentley as she came in. "Morning, Bentley." He'd have made small conversation with her, normally. But right now his attention was on the Chief.

~Dunhill~

OOC: I'm assuming having the Chief Constable here is NOT a normal occurrence. Smile

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 am

"Nothing, really", Sir David replied, "I'm just looking for DCS Carlton. Mind you, if you've got any complaints or issues, I'm happy to hear them".

Sir David's questioning was interrupted by Dunhill's telephone ringing.

- GM

OOC: No, it isn't.

- Silent

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  GemH89 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 am

Bentley simply sighed slightly and shook her head,even if she had had any complaint's she would hardly unload those on the top man.

"Non from me Sir" was all she said in responce to his question.

Her full attention turned to Dunhill's phone as it began to ring 'wonder who that is' she thought as she took her seat and sipped at her coffee.,she'd find out soon enough.
-Bentley

GemH89

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Aidan was glad for the interruption. It allowed him to avoid responding to the request for complaints or issues.

"Excuse me, sir," he said, sitting on his desk and answering the phone.

"DS Dunhill."

~Aidan Dunhill~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:43 am

"Good morning", a heavy male voice at the other end declared, "It's Detective Chief Inspector Darius Crosland, from North Manchester CID. We've got a sus circs DB in a hotel in the city centre. It's rather a recognisable guy as well. Bakr Alfrasi. One of my DC's informs me that he's a reality TV star".

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Dunhill raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Bakr Alfrasi? I've heard the name before. What hotel is the body in?"

~Dunhill~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:18 pm

Jason Andersen wrote:Dunhill raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Bakr Alfrasi? I've heard the name before. What hotel is the body in?"

~Dunhill~

"Apparently he's one of the people in Mancunian Candidates. Hotel's called The Myers Inn; four-star joint on Princess Street. I've got SOCO and Jack Baxter on their way".

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  GemH89 Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:03 am

Bentley listened into the conversation and hearing the name Bakr Alfrasi she raised a brow herself and then hearing Dunhill mention hotel and body she let out a sigh and thought to herself 'ah great this should be bloody fun' she continued to listen in.
-Bentley

GemH89

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:25 pm

"Right, Mancunian Candidates, that's the one. We'll meet Jack there. I'm sure she'll have something interesting to tell us, as always. Any other details you have, yet?"

Hanging up the phone, Dunhill turned to Bentley.

"Well, Bentley, feel like breakfast at The Myers Inn?"

~Dunhill~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:37 am

Jason Andersen wrote:"Right, Mancunian Candidates, that's the one. We'll meet Jack there. I'm sure she'll have something interesting to tell us, as always. Any other details you have, yet?"

"Well, he was found by a maid this morning, who now appears to have scarpered, possibly because her work status isn't entirely kosher. That and we've found what looks like cocaine on the bedside table".

- GM

Hanging up the phone, Dunhill turned to Bentley.

"Well, Bentley, feel like breakfast at The Myers Inn?"

~Dunhill~

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  GemH89 Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Bentley hearing the remark gave a slight nod and grabbed her coat throwing it on once more before remarking with a some what curious tone.
"Thought you'd never ask Dunhill" she paused and smirked before adding "So what we got?"
-Bentley

GemH89

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:07 pm

"Bakr Alfrasi was found dead by a maid at The Myer's Inn this morning," he said, retrieving his coat and stopping to address Sir David.

"Anything I can do for you, sir, before we go? I'm sure the chief will be in soon."

~Dunhill~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:44 am

"No", Sir David replied, then thought, "Actually, I'll come with you. It's been ages since I was at a crime scene and DCS Carlton can wait. I have a nickname for her, you know".

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Aidan was somewhat surprised to hear that Sir David wanted to come with them. While he wasn't opposed to the idea, he never really did like having his boss looking over his shoulder while he worked. He held the door for both Sir David and Bentley as they left the office and headed down to the parking level.

He wanted to say he had a nickname for the Chief as well, but didn't think that would be appropriate considering the company.

"Really, what would that be, sir?"

~Dunhill~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Jason Andersen wrote:Aidan was somewhat surprised to hear that Sir David wanted to come with them. While he wasn't opposed to the idea, he never really did like having his boss looking over his shoulder while he worked. He held the door for both Sir David and Bentley as they left the office and headed down to the parking level.

He wanted to say he had a nickname for the Chief as well, but didn't think that would be appropriate considering the company.

"Really, what would that be, sir?"

~Dunhill~

"Ambitious Alex", Sir David replied, "It's an open seat in ACPO [the Association of Chief Police Officers] that she wants to end her career as at least an Assistant Chief Constable".

As they arrived at the parking level, the tall dark-haired figure of Hannah Barclay emerged from her own vehicle, dressed in a suit with a new cravat. Either the air-con on her car was at the max or the common stereotype about people from Tyneside not feeling the cold was true.

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  GemH89 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Bentley had listened in to the conversation on the way down to the parking lot and couldn't help but chuckle slightly at the remarks being made.
Seeing Barclay she gave a polite nod and noticing what the women wore she raised a brow slightly as she thought.

'must have veins of lava not to fell this cold'
-Bentley

GemH89

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Aidan chuckled as well. "I'm not surprised by that in the least, sir."

He headed towards his car, which was very close to Hannah's car. He smiled at her as he approached.

"Good morning, Barclay. Beautiful weather today, don't you think?"

~Dunhill~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:24 am

Hannah Barclay smiled, then reached into her car for a fur coat.

"No, it's freezing", she replied, "I may be from Sunderland, but I don't like hypothermia any more than other people".

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Aidan smiled back, "No, I don't suppose most people list that on their bucket lists."

He gestured at his car. "We've got a stiff at The Myer's Inn. A celebrity, even. Interested in coming along?"

~Dunhill~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  GemH89 Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 am

Bentley watched the two of them with a slight smile upon her face,when Dunhill asked if Barclay wanted to tag along she grinned and remarked.

"The more the merrier as they say or perhaps many hands make light work is more appropriate"
-Bentley

GemH89

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Jason Andersen wrote:Aidan smiled back, "No, I don't suppose most people list that on their bucket lists."

He gestured at his car. "We've got a stiff at The Myer's Inn. A celebrity, even. Interested in coming along?"

~Dunhill~

"Of course", Barclay said, "I always find celebrity interesting. Morning, sir".

Sir David smiled and nodded.

"I can't tell my Bouncy from my Ribena", the Knight of the Order of the British Empire replied, "I've just realised that I left my cap in my office. Back in five".

With that he walked off.

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum