Phoenix Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Triple First Control Room

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Triple First Control Room - Page 2 Empty Re: The Triple First Control Room

Post  Jason Andersen Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm

"What kind of trouble?" he asked from within the refrigerator. He was amazed, it seemed like just like an ordinary, 20th century icebox.

He suddenly looked back, very much concerned. "We aren't stuck here, are we?"

~Mathek~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Romana shook her head.

"No, of course not", she replied, "Now where's my sonic screwdriver?"

She started to run her hands over the console, trying to find the compartment that contained it. She did so and a small golden pendant attached to a chain popped out. She pulled the 'screwdriver' out and placed it around her neck.

"This dress doesn't have pockets", she commented.

- Romana

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:03 am

The Triple First Control Room - Page 2 Lukesm
Luke watched the conversation not having much to say. The drinks and snacks at the bar were plenty to last him for a while, but Matt needed food. He got that. This whole danger bit, that was still a little over his head. He was happy to see the outside again. As fascinating as this time machine was, it really was starting to make his head ache. The warm breeze from the outside lifted his spirits.

"Is there anything I can carry for you?" Luke muttered out, indicting to his pockets, but sounding much too much like an adolescent asking the cute girl to Prom.

-Luke Hansen

OOC: Enjoyed the old Who references. I just finished watching City of the Dead. My daughter is going to Comic Con as Romana II next month. I'm doing Doctor #8, if I can locate or make the damned vest.
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:17 pm

"Nah", Romana said, as she pulled out a handbag from under the console, "I've got a handbag. Found it at Fenchurch Street station oddly enough..."

With that, she walked out of The Triple First and onto the beach, whistling a jaunty tune...

-> The Beach

- Romana

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Luke gave a quick look over to Matt as the Timelady marched on out the door. He shrugged and followed after her.

-Luke
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:15 pm

"Wow!" Mathek exclaimed as the water rushed into the control room. The refrigerator door was still open.

~Mathek~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Luke had been following Romana out the front door when he stopped noticing the endless horizon of sea outside. This Horizon quickly expanded to include where he was standing. He just stood there in surprise as the low wall of water came over him. Not that he minded the ocean any, he had grown up a California beach guy, but suddenly getting doused with cold salt water was never much fun. At least he had the experience to keep standing in the wave. Romana went completely under and looked none to pleased having spoiled her outfit.

-Luke
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Romana ran their hands through her wet hair, now flat and plastered to her scalp. She looked incensed.

"That was one of my favourite dresses!" she moaned, "This is so totally unfair! And I'm totally to blame! Which is even worse!"

She waded over to the console and tried to find the switch to pump the water out. She flicked the switch and nothing happened.

- Romana/GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Mathek absently closed the door, thoughts of food gone as he approached the console. He pulled out his scope and pointed it at the switch.

"Burnt out," was his simple explanation. "Probably when you landed. The water isn't high enough to have done it." He began adjusting his scope.

"I'll see if I can't create a direct connection."

~Mathek~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:18 pm

Luke was a bit out of his element with fixing outerspace flying machines. He stood there and made sure his camera didn't get wet from the tidal surge of water sweeping through the oddly large vessel. He did know enough to know that high voltge electricity and water were not usually a good combination, and here he was standing waist deep in it.

-Luke Hansen
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Jason Andersen wrote:Mathek absently closed the door, thoughts of food gone as he approached the console. He pulled out his scope and pointed it at the switch.

"Burnt out," was his simple explanation. "Probably when you landed. The water isn't high enough to have done it." He began adjusting his scope.

"I'll see if I can't create a direct connection."

~Mathek~

"Try it", Romana said, "But I know where the backup is and I really don't want to have to go down there..."

She checked over some of the controls. She considered de-materialising and tipping the water out that way, but wasn't entirely sure that she could even take off at the moment; not without kicking off some dangerous sparks.

- Romana

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 pm

Mathek's scope buzzed for a few seconds, then the water started pumping out.

"There, that got it!" he said happily, re-pocketing his scope and standing to watch the water line recede.

What Mathek didn't know was what else his scope had inadvertently short circuited...

OOC: Perhaps something they won't discover until a bit later? Hmmmm...

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:47 pm

"Excellent!" Romana replied, "Now I need to dry off and change into something else..."

She sat down on a sodden bench to wait for the water to fully disappear. It had not been a brilliant day, what with regenerating and getting soaked and all.

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Luke was just happy to see the flood waters residing and he wasn't currently being pumped full of 10,000 volts of electricity. "So what are we supposed to do now?" he asked feeling a bit out of the loop with these future technology types he had apparently fallen in with. Romana was rather cute when she was soaking wet.
-Luke Hansen
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 pm

"Hmm, yes, well... I suppose that relies on our host?" Mathek responded, turning towards where Romana sat. As much as he would like to stay and learn all about this magnificent vessel, he would probably be missed in his own time. He should at least tell his mates where he had gotten off to.

"I don't suppose you could take me back home?"

~Mathek~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:55 am

Jason Andersen wrote:"Hmm, yes, well... I suppose that relies on our host?" Mathek responded, turning towards where Romana sat. As much as he would like to stay and learn all about this magnificent vessel, he would probably be missed in his own time. He should at least tell his mates where he had gotten off to.

"I don't suppose you could take me back home?"

~Mathek~

"We could", Romana said as she tried to wring water out of her hair, "But we might as well make the journey back interesting".

She turned to Luke and glared at him. She didn't need to be able to read minds to know what he was thinking; most males of any species would be thinking the same thing.

"That's three planets now", she said.

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Luke looked back at her, suddenly conscious that what he was thinking was likely written all over his face. He shrugged. "What? You are cute."
-Luke Hansen
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:52 pm

"That's like totally appreciated", Romana said as she got up and moved towards the console through now-ankle deep water, "But this is not Miami and it is not Spring Break".

She flicked a couple of switches.

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 am

Luke had a mind to point out that it was Ibeza and the beginning of summer party, which from what he understood was basically the same thing. But instead of finding hot girls and bikini photos, he was with aliens, that weren't that bad to look at either.

-Luke
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

"Interesting?" Mathek asked, an eyebrow raised. Not that he wasn't curious, or in any particular hurry to go home. He just wasn't sure what this alien female's definition of "interesting" was.

He scratched his head at Luke, then looked back at Romana. He hadn't really thought about her as being cute, but now that Luke mentioned it Mathek supposed that she was. Mathek didn't think too long about it, his attention diverted to the switches Romana was throwing.

Unlike before, he didn't ask her anything, but simply observed. Based on prior experience, he wouldn't be getting much asking her questions anyway.

~Mathek~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:29 am

"Interesting", Romana replied, "Adjective. Engaging or exciting and holding the attention or curiosity".

With that, she flicked two more switches. The door closed as the last of the water drained away. Three more switches and the time rotor started to rise and fall. There was a quiet humming and thrumming as the engines started up.

"That's good", she commented, "Unlike a certain someone, I don't usually leave the parking brake on".

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:30 pm

OOC: LOL, nice reference!

IC: Mathek made mental note of the switches she was moving about.

"Yes, I understand the definition. I think my main concern is that what you may find interesting may not be what I find interesting. A Sontaran's interesting, for instance, does not mesh well with my own."

~Mathek~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Jason Andersen wrote:OOC: LOL, nice reference!

IC: Mathek made mental note of the switches she was moving about.

"Yes, I understand the definition. I think my main concern is that what you may find interesting may not be what I find interesting. A Sontaran's interesting, for instance, does not mesh well with my own."

~Mathek~

"What do you find interesting", Romana asked, "At the moment, I find surfing interesting, which I didn't use to. I'm also interested in Grey's Anatomy for some reason".

- GM

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:20 pm

"If its surfing you like, I'd be happy to teach you. Grew up on the beach in Santa Barbara. Great south facing swells." Luke chimed in, not knowing what a Sontaran was.

-Luke Hansen
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:44 pm

"Mostly studying temporal anomalies. This ship, for instance, intrigues me greatly."

Mathek felt relieved. At least she wasn't into capturing aliens and excavating their brains and placing them into metal bodies.

~Mathek~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next