Phoenix Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Data Storage

5 posters

Go down

Data Storage Empty Data Storage

Post  Aidan Fal Tue May 17, 2011 4:46 pm

For the REALLY important stuff.

Vraetix (Ticks) - Four-legged, two-armed insectoids. Higher tech level, increased armor, intellect and strength. Faster move speed. Vraetix cause horror in average human-beings, it is impossible to disguise themselves in public.

Mian (Grays) - Large-headed, small humanoids. Highest tech level, superior intellect, and visual ability. Natural psychic ability. Weakened strength and stamina. Can be disguised in public under heaving wrappings, but cause mild psychosis in average human-beings if without.

Shifter - Not much is known about them, except there have been scarce reports of there being such creatures. They are said to have the ability to shape themselves into any living visage, be it humanoid, animal, etc... Reports say they also have very weak bodies, possibly due to the flexible tissues required to transform.

Snatcher - More of a disease or symbiotic organism than an actual complex life form. The moniker ‘snatcher’ was created due to their indiscriminate choice of body that they decide to inhabit (Can be attached to another species). Although further medical analysis is at a stand still what with their ‘entangling’ nature with the host. It is assumed and noted that with the increased density of biomass occurring within the neural pathways that they increase mental function, but at the cost of that person becoming all together something different entirely.

Were - Designated as any human afflicted with Lycanthropy. There are many possible animals that have this mutated variant of rabies. Wolves, foxes, rats, bears, feral cats are some of the more common sightings. Many more probably exist but are without distinguishable proof. While in their afflicted form, reports are conclusive that the creatures have varying special attributes based on each form. Increased sense of smell, sight, musculature, sharpened teeth, claws. All reports state that Weres have amazing regenerative ability across the board, as well as superior stamina and strength. Historical evidence of silver is accurate, as it not only denies them the ability to regenerate, but also seems to aggravate wounds they already have. Cold iron has been reported to violently shift them back to human form. They retain some benefits from this disease while in normal form, but are just as susceptible to normal weapons. Considered semi-sentient because of their alternate forms, they cause horror in average human-beings.

Technite (Knights) - Similar to Snatchers in their invasion of the human body, they only affect our genealogy however. Their takeover of the body is much more invasive. Technites themselves are microscopic evidence that nanites are a real possibility, and possibly where the technology has originated. They retain the outer skin of the body, but replace all other internal organs in favor of a durable bio-alloy. Other than increased strength, impossible dexterity and stamina they are remarkably resistant to damage. However, all further autopsy reports have nothing to go on, as when damaged beyond a certain point, their bodies degrade into carbon dust.

Gene-spliced (Jenny’s/Genies) – An experiment made during the 1990’s by Russian scientists had discovered a possible way to clone Were genetic material with basic human chromosomes, thanks to American cloning research. The result was a much more docile super soldier. The U.S. has since re-engineered this technology, along with a few other countries assumed to have stolen the details of this research, as the Gene-spliced are still reported to be in manufacture with sightings across the globe. They vary by design based on the amount of human DNA added, ranging from inconspicuous to… terrifying. They are confined to the more plentiful selection of Weres that can be found to extract tissue samples, and based on the mixture trade the physical benefits with mental acuity. It is a difficult trade. The Gene-spliced are, however, cursed with just one form for their trouble, and some of the more severely modified have had psychological problems from the process. Ranging from a simple increase in aggressive behavior to down-right debilitating psychosis.

Aidan Fal

Back to top Go down

Data Storage Empty Re: Data Storage

Post  Aidan Fal Tue May 17, 2011 4:47 pm

This is for those wishing to make "basic" human characters. I will make character sheets accordingly for those interested in the other races, but this is a basic one for usage. Make sure the character sheet is only e-mailed to me when you're finished! Once the SIM is open (IE. having a slot for it) I'll make a character employment section and offer some basic information for everyone to identify your character.

---Character Sheet---

Name:

Occupation/"Class": (IE. Investigator, College Student, Military(specify), Oil Rigger, Businessman, Occultist, Psychic, Drifter, Smuggler, Priest, Conspiracy Theorist)

[BODY]
Weight/Build:
Height:
Hair Color:
Facial Hair?:

Nationality: (Also, % of what if born American)

Physical Advantages: (IE. acute hearing, ambidextrous, taller than average, agile, slender, muscular, double-jointed, wealth (- 1-3), etc...)
-The more a disadvantage makes things difficult, the more you get out of it. Missing limb is worth 3 advantages for instance. Bad eyesight is easily corrected, so worth 1 adv., however an astigmatism is more difficult to work with, so it would be worth 2 advantage points. Some advantages are worth more.-
Physical Disadvantages: ( IE. Bad eyesight(+1), astigmatism(+2), weak frame(1), fat(+1-3), missing limb(+3), dwarfism(+3), ham-fisted(+1), low pain threshold(+2), debt(+1-3), etc...) Use role-playing books, or the web, to your advantage here. Feel free to come up with your own based on these numbers.

Distinctive Features: (smoker, odd colored contacts, hair style, prosthetics, freckles/moles, tattoos, piercings, etc...) Also, some features might need a history all their own, you didn't wake up missing a hand!

Signature accessories: (A cigar, golden watch, sword cane, an English flag pin, upside-down cross earrings) Anything your character wears consistently to help identify themselves individually.

Residence:

Wealth/Finances: (credit cards, bank accounts, stocks, and assets) -wealth and debt affect this-

Common items: (IE. car, clothes, book collection, investigator's kit, lockpick set, food stores, flashlight, computer. Whatever works for your character, and your finances.)

Exotic items: (IE. Ancient tome, weapons beyond what the Institute issues, Alien tech, Satellite Uplink Phone, Night Vision Goggles) Any item that benefits your character more often on missions or research.) Should be occupation specific.

[MIND]

Languages: (Assumed English, and the Institute requires your character to learn at least one more if they don't know any others.)

Goals in Life:

Skills:

Training:

Academics: (Includes street knowledges and the like.)

Mental Strengths: (IE. Fearless(-2), Attention to detail, Concentration, Photographic memory, Unassuming, Secret identity/Multiple identities(1 per), Empathy, Psychic Ability(-2).)
-Same as Phys. Adv./Dis.-
Mental Weaknesses: (IE. Criminal history(+1-3), Phobias/Psychosis/Derangements(Variable), Oblivious/Easily distracted(+2/1), Chronic liar(+1), Sociopath(+2), Psychic Backlash(+2), Psychic block (+1-3).

Hobbies:

Quirks:

[SOUL]

Religion/Beliefs:

Morality: (1/10) -Assume 6 is normal human. Every point up or down from that is a one point bonus to your Heritage Benefits.

Family:

Contacts:
-
-
-

Allies:
-
-
-

Enemies:
-
-
-

Heritage Benefits: (Magical Lineage* (Native American bloodline, Gypsy bloodline, Merlin's bloodline, Rasputin's bloodline, etc..., - 1-3), Astral Perception, Oracle, Lucky (- 1-3), Ancestor Spirit/Mentor, Innocuous Magic (-3), True Faith* (-2).)
-*, star denotes granting magical ability.
Heritage Faults: (Magical Gaes (Can't do ___ or ___ happens, +1), Demonic Pact* (+3), Unlucky (+1-3), Astral Block(+1), Spirit Enmity(+1), Beacon of Magic (+2), Witch/Warlock* (+2).)

History (minimum 500 words):

Personality (min. 50 words for each):

-Outward Demeanor:

-Inward Nature:

Character Quotes (min. 5):

A character's take on the Unknown: (What interaction with the strange has the character been privy to? UFO encounters of the third kind, sasquatch, bogey men, undead, personal investigation of odd murder, etc...? Write as if you were the character.)

Aidan Fal

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 18, 2011 1:12 am

Looks like part of your character sheet is based off the World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade character sheet. Heh, I like it! ^_^

~Robert

Admin
Admin

https://phoenixrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidan Fal Wed May 18, 2011 8:50 pm

@Robert: I like the idea of morality measurements in-game, of course they'll be private between me and the player, but it's just another tool to help the player with the characters reaction and overall mood.

Since I felt like making this a little more visual, here's an example "basic" human character to help you with ideas of what means what, and how free you are to come up with your own characteristics.

--HUMAN--

Name: John Smiling Coyote

Occupation/"Class": Nomadic Shaman

[BODY]
Weight/Build: 197 IBS., Stocky.
Height: 5'10"
Eye Color: Green, with yellow flecks.
Hair Color: Black, long.
Facial Hair?: None

Nationality: American (65% Native American [Apache], 20% Irish, 15% French)

Physical Advantages: Naturally stealthy (-2), Hairless body (-1), Deadly Accuracy [Knives] (-3). = -6
Physical Disadvantages: Debt (+1), Missing Finger [Pinky, left-hand](+1), Addiction [Nicotine] (+1), Unattractive (+1), Allergy, moderate [Poison Ivy, uncommon] (+2). = +6

Distinctive Features: Smoker (cigarettes, Marlboro). Three tattoos ([1]Left bicep, abstract coyote attacking coiled snake. [2] Sleeve, left arm. Man smoking peace-pipe, smoke rising around arm in circles, stops below [1] with the smoke turning into a pool of water reflect man with pipe. [3]Face. Left side, from eyebrow around eye and down to cheek. Purple crescent moon, shadowed with second underneath. two triangles extending from top and bottom of crescent moon). Uncommon eye color. Missing finger. Rare ancestry.

Signature accessories: Pet Crow [Gaage], Rune-etched bead necklace, Ten rings, one for each finger, each a different color and style.

Residence: Mobile... Not Alabama.

Wealth/Finances: Credit card and cash only. (Debt $500) $50/month repayment plan, credit card $500/$500. $50 in pocket

Example of Debt: ((Debt 1, credit card [$500 limit, maxed at beginning] and $50 cash, $500 owed. Debt 2, $25 cash, $1,000 owed. Debt 3, Nothing, no expensive items either besides clothing and essentials, $3,000 owed. No bonus or penalties, 2 credit cards [$500 limit on each], and $75 cash. Wealth 1, Bank account [$5,000], 2 credit cards [$1,000 limit], $125 cash. Wealth 2, Bank account [$10,000], 2 credit cards [$3000 limit], Trust fund [$50/week], $175 in cash. Wealth 3, Bank account [$15,000], 3 credit cards [$3,000 limit], Trust fund [$100/week], $225 cash.))

Common items: Motorcycle (Harley Davidson, Dyna Wide Glide. Black w/ flames). Riding Leather outfit, and a suitcase full of clothes. Flashlight, Gasoline canister, Lighter, Metal helmet (styled), Trail Mix bag, Motorcycle leather pouch harnesses (2) w/ pouch, 6-pack of canned beer, binoculars, and a tire iron.

Exotic items: Acid-etched bowie knife, frills attached to the pommel. 5 balanced throwing knives. A carved 7-inch totem wand, with a set of black feathers varying in size banded to one side, a beaked crow's head jutting out the other end. Pouch of various shamanistic equipment.

[MIND]

Languages: English, Apache.

Goals in Life: Find a wife, make a family, start a school for shaman training on the reservation.

Skills: Hand-to-hand [Knives, Brawling], Driving [Motorcycle], Tracking, Weapons [Throwing Knives, Pistols, Rifles]. (Skills are what your character has become adept at using)

Training: Ritual Magic, Survival [Desert], Tattoo artistry. (Training is more for skills you haven't quite mastered and will over the course of the adventure. For flavor, IE. bringing out a inking set and slabbing up some fake flesh on a tablet and going to work while cooped up in a hotel.)

Academics: High School graduate, has not attended college. Learned in protection rackets, street fighting and popular locations, drug hot spots, gang turf [Oklahoma].

Mental Strengths: Fearless (-2), High Pain Threshold (-2), Just Cause (-1), Concentration (-1). = -6
Mental Weaknesses: Criminal History (+2), Uncouth (+1), Loner (+1), Chauvinistic (+1), Heroic/stupid Tendencies (+1). = +6

Dislikes: Businessmen, Liars, and Rap.

Hobbies: Wood carving, spell shaping, spirit communion.

Quirks: Whistles while carving, constantly messes with the hair to keep it out of his face.

[SOUL]

Religion/Beliefs: Spirit Faith

Morality: (5/10) +1

Family: Thomas Flowing Grass (Father)
Lily Rippling Water (Mother)

Contacts:
- Blah
- Blah
- Blah

Allies:
- Apache Reservation families (Group)
-Kiki Coswell (Exotic Dancer)
- Enrique Domingo Sanchez (Gang Leader)

Enemies:
- The Police
- "The Man"
- Blah

Heritage Benefits: Magical Lineage* [Native American Ancestry] (+2), Spirit Empathy (+2), Omens (+1). = -5
Heritage Faults: Magical Gaes [Must chant or magic will fail, verbal requirement.] (+1), Magical Beacon (+2), Tainted Destiny (+1),(+1 from Morality). = +5

History (minimum 500 words): Too long!

Personality (min. 50 words for each): You know what I mean here.

-Outward Demeanor:

-Inward Nature:

Character Quotes (min. 5):

-"Dangerous roads ahead tluh-go, keep your roots in the ground."
-"Can't see what I can't hear, shut your holes."
-"Great chidn, I ask for guidance..."
-"Don't matter much what river you've stepped in, the filth will spread for miles before you've apologized."
-"Thank the spirits for their favor, thank the white man for the tobacco."

A character's take on the Unknown: Since John Smiling Coyote is a shaman, and he knows magic is real, he is ahead of the curve as far as noticing that the world isn't all as it once was. Combined with the fact that more and more unexplained terrors continue to accost his reservation, there is little he can do but feel the world is at a crossroads, and he will be participating one way or the other.

There, this ought to help point out areas of question I hope. At least, we're going for not creating more questions...

Aidan Fal

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:27 pm

Data Storage Myfawnysm
Still don't fully grasp the power numbering, but I go with your recommendations.

Let me know how to accommodate the character sheet. It's getting a bit complex for my understanding of what I should do. Feeling slightly lost.

-Kevin

Last edited by Zuzutoo on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidan Fal Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Okay, nobody else post your character.... XD

I'll do it for you, and save your character sheet in my computer as backup. This is to hide any secrets or special powers you might have as a character from others. It's no fun to know ahead of time ^^.

That was the non-updated version. Since I can't edit your post I'll re-PM another copy of the corrected character sheet. Meanwhile, can you wipe your last post on this thread Zuz? Maybe no one will notice! Very Happy

Aidan Fal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:40 pm

So I wasn't supposed to read that? Embarassed

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidan Fal Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:07 am

... nope. LOL, same as I wouldn't give any info too specific to your character on here.

Aidan Fal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Good thing I disregarded it then! Very Happy

Realized it probably wasn't supposed to be posted as soon as I saw it, and never read it. Bring on the surprises!

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 pm

I never saw it by the time Kevin had already deleted it.

On a further note, I've already resumed work on my character. Still working on the information Aidan last requested. Also I've been working on the character sheet a bit too.

~Robert

Admin
Admin

https://phoenixrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  William Smith Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:40 pm

I'M also working on a character, Is there any further info on the sim that I can be told, bar what is already posted

William Smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidan Fal Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:40 am

If you have any particular requests, lets move this to the OOC section, so this section doesn't become too cluttered. Very Happy This is a paranormal sim, so I'm keeping most of the information to myself. If, for some reason, you decide to play something other than a human, you will have access to more information at the cost of living in a world that has no idea you exist.

Aidan Fal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum