Phoenix Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atlantis Engine Room

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Atlantis Engine Room - Page 2 Empty Re: Atlantis Engine Room

Post  James M Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:36 am

The engine loped to a stop, then died, the sound of valves clattering was the last thing Ryan could hear, this was a bad sound and pointed out that the pulse iterator may have jumped a tooth or two and hopefully they did not bend the valves, this would have caused the computer to dump a lot of fuel into the engine and flood her out, this would destroy the cats causing back pressure and generally mucking up the engine , the worse case would be having to rebuild the engine or replacing it
The captain would not be happy with this news, his new engine was broken

James / GM

OOC: My friends engine is like this after we had the fuel pump replaced the catalytic converters cleaned out and other things done, we figured that the timing chain jumped knocking e everything out of timing, you can hear a knocking from the engine, I just hope the valves are OK or we get to do the heads as well

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:31 am

On top of all the mess, the captain decided that now was a good time to tell Ryan that one of the water pipes had sprung a leak. "Well isn't that just gorram shiny!" Ryan shouted, not even caring whether the comm system was still turned on or not. In his mind the chief engineer was already taking the engine apart in a rather terminal way as he punched in the commands on the console to vent the engine. All he could do was cool her off a bit. Meanwhile his blouse had gotten soaked in his sweat and to make things even worse, the engine room's lighting decided to take a break. The emergency lighting kicked in, but it was enough to send the engineer over the edge: "Oh, you want me to kick your ass?! Fine, you got it, sister!" Ryan gave the massive machine a firm kick and instantly regretted it. After some hopping through the cargo bay, accompanied with some more rather inventive cursing, he finally calmed down somewhat. When X was the chief engineer the engine had needed plenty of attention as well, but nothing like this. Ryan was confident enough about his own work and that of Brandon that he knew it wasn't neglect or bad work, so either the engine was out to kill him, or there was some serious sabotage going on. If it was the first thing, then the engine would probably blow up in Ryan's face any second now. If it was sabotage... Well, technically the same could happen. Either way, at that moment Ryan didn't care too much. He secured all systems that were still operating on some level and forwarded command to the bridge. He exited the engine room, securing the door behind him, and made his way to the bridge.

-Ryan Bow
Mischa Brendel
Mischa Brendel

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:16 am

As Ryan screamed out at the big engine, and the lights went out, he heard the sound of the main breaker tripping, this turned the power off to the entire ship including life support, then seconds later the sound of the back up generator firing up could be heard , At least something worked, then Marks voice came over the comm

=" Engineering what happened to the power? , We may need to evac the crew to the Wrecker if this keeps up "=

Then Marks voice came over the ship wide

=" Attention all hands, we have lost primary power and are running on back up, looks like supper is postponed, please stay alert for further instructions "=

Ryan knew that the back up generator would run the power systems for two days, this would allow for a decent landing

James / GM

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:44 am

Soon Brad led by Mark enter the engine room, the big engine was radiating heat, a lot of heat, Brad walks over to her

" OH my God, Shun dai dee jee me , she is hot, I know for sure the pulse iterator is gone, I ordered that replaced when the engine was to be installed "

Brad pulls out his cortex and looks up the work orders for the Atlantis and those two names show up that were on other defective installs ,

Mark walks around and calls out

" RYAN!! WHERE ARE YOU ! "

Mark Ho Chang

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 pm

James M wrote: As Ryan screamed out at the big engine, and the lights went out, he heard the sound of the main breaker tripping, this turned the power off to the entire ship including life support, then seconds later the sound of the back up generator firing up could be heard , At least something worked, then Marks voice came over the comm

=" Engineering what happened to the power? , We may need to evac the crew to the Wrecker if this keeps up "=

Ryan, obviously fuming, answered: = "Well, my guess is that the generator got the right idea and decided to abandon ship, captain. Maybe we should follow suit." =

It was rather unlike the engineer to make morbid jokes like this one, which told the captain how frustrated Ryan actually was.

James M wrote: Then Marks voice came over the ship wide

=" Attention all hands, we have lost primary power and are running on back up, looks like supper is postponed, please stay alert for further instructions "=

Ryan knew that the back up generator would run the power systems for two days, this would allow for a decent landing

James / GM

The heat was becoming even worse. The backup generator might have kicked in, but with the main power down, most systems weren't operating. To get the engine to cool down, Ryan had to turn several valves by hand. It was doable, but the pieces of machinery seemed to be scattered all over the place, forcing the chief engineer to crawl down some pretty tight areas.

James M wrote: Soon Brad led by Mark enter the engine room, the big engine was radiating heat, a lot of heat, Brad walks over to her

" OH my God, Shun dai dee jee me , she is hot, I know for sure the pulse iterator is gone, I ordered that replaced when the engine was to be installed "

Brad pulls out his cortex and looks up the work orders for the Atlantis and those two names show up that were on other defective installs ,

Mark walks around and calls out

" RYAN!! WHERE ARE YOU ! "

Mark Ho Chang

If not for the hissing sounds coming from the engine, Mark and Brad would have been able to hear a loud bang as Ryan bumped his head when he heard the captain calling him. What the two men did hear, was the cursing that followed. When that died down a chief engineer, covered in sweat and grease crawled out from a crevace, rubbing the back of his head. "What?!" But before he could realize that this wasn't exactly the tone one used when addressing his captain, he spotted Brad. "You! You've got some 'splainin' to do! Why is our boat falling apart?!"

-Ryan Bow
Mischa Brendel
Mischa Brendel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Brandon walked into Engineering just after Brad and Mark, just as they were calling out for Ryan. Not sure what the situation was, he approached the three men - he recognized Brad, that must have been what that announcement about a wrecker had been. How did the man get here so fast when they were days from their starting point?

Brandon was immediately suspicious... maybe Ryan was right about sabotage. Especially since here was Brad, conveniently ready to swoop in to their "rescue" and probably charge the ship a pretty penny to do so! He'd have to talk to Ryan, and maybe Mark as well, about this later.

For now, he stood a bit back, trying to determine what the hell was going on, or waiting for some direction if Ryan had already diagnosed the issue.

~Brandon~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:42 pm

The intercom crackled on. The perky voice of the pilot seemed a little miffed regarding the current situation.

=Captain, we are fifteen minutes from dropping into the world. Do we want to do it with a wrecker on our back?=

-Poppy
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Mark looked at Ryan who was eying a valve, Mark opens it to allow the coolant to be pumped through the radiators by the small back up generator , then he lets Brad speak for himself as he gives Ryan a hand from the access opening
Brad felt like crawling right into that crevice that Ryan had crawled out of

" Well folks I am deeply sorry for this, We pushed the Wrecker far above a full burn to catch up and blew her head gasket just as we met ya's, I brought a slew of tools and parts that I personally inspected , But I want you to double check them, I will not charge for my time or parts as this is my mess up , Captain with your permission may I move my tools and parts from the Wrecker so that they can separate , then I want to work with your chief, if he trusts me anymore and fix my mistakes "

Mark looks over at Ryan and Brandon

" I'll help with the transfer of gear and Ryan , Brandon, I can help with the work here as well, Thats if you don't mind your captain getting dirty "

Mark cues the Bridge

=" Poppy we'll have the wrecker off our back shortly keep me posted on atmo reentry "=

Mark goes off with Brad for the mvoing of parts and tools

Mark Ho Chang

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:39 pm

=Copy that Captain. I'll keep you informed. Won't be long though. We are almost in Persephone Alpha ATC zone. I'll set the ground boys up for a hot landing.=

-Poppy
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:08 pm

Brandon watched the two men leave before turning to Ryan. He was a bit confused, but he was beginning to piece it together. It was fairly obvious something with the job Brad had done had gone wrong, that was certain from all the malfunctions they'd been having.

"What's going on, Chief? Can I give you a hand with anything?"

~Brandon~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:41 pm

As both men prepared the engine for a non powered descent they could feel it in their legs as the ship buffeted the atmosphere, then she pitched up, the grav dampers could not keep up so one could feel that the pilot was pulling the nose up into a stalling position, then letting gravity do it's thing
Soon they could feel a thump as the boat settled down onto her landing gear, they were rolling due to having to glide into the docks, then after a few minutes the lights flickered as port power took over, Now they could power down the systems and bleed off any pressure
Marks Voice came over the comm

" Captain to Ryan, care to meet me in the cargo bay "

They were on solid ground

James / GM

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:31 am

Jason Andersen wrote:Brandon watched the two men leave before turning to Ryan. He was a bit confused, but he was beginning to piece it together. It was fairly obvious something with the job Brad had done had gone wrong, that was certain from all the malfunctions they'd been having.

"What's going on, Chief? Can I give you a hand with anything?"

~Brandon~

Ryan was sort of calming down a bit. "Apparently Brad had some folk working for him who decided it might be fun to sabotage our boat. Long story short: when we're dirtside we need to go over everything Brad and his crew had installed, which basically is an entire engine and then some." The chief engineer was far from amused. He didn't exactly blame Brad, but right now he needed someone to be pissed at.

James M wrote: As both men prepared the engine for a non powered descent they could feel it in their legs as the ship buffeted the atmosphere, then she pitched up, the grav dampers could not keep up so one could feel that the pilot was pulling the nose up into a stalling position, then letting gravity do it's thing
Soon they could feel a thump as the boat settled down onto her landing gear, they were rolling due to having to glide into the docks, then after a few minutes the lights flickered as port power took over, Now they could power down the systems and bleed off any pressure
Marks Voice came over the comm

" Captain to Ryan, care to meet me in the cargo bay "

They were on solid ground

James / GM

Unlike many people, Ryan shared Poppy's thrill for exciting rides. Or landings. Or take-offs. As long as it was fast and fun. Thrilling heroics weren't for Ryan, but thrilling rides definitely were. Needless to say that the chief engineer had thorougly enjoyed the descent.

After unstrapping himself from one of the jumpseats he walked over to the wall console: = "I'll be right there, captain. Ryan out." = He sighed and turned to Brandon. "I'll go see what the captain wants. Can you meet me in the cargo bay in a couple of minutes? I'm gonna need your help with this." He walked over to the engine room exit. "I'm sorry if this messes up any plans you had, Brandon." Ryan had of course no idea what Brandon had been doing only minutes ago, but he did know that he was interested in Morgan and that Morgan had looked interested in Brandon as well.

Wondering what the captain had to say about everything that had gone wrong with the ship, Ryan made his way to the cargo bay.

-Ryan Bow
Mischa Brendel
Mischa Brendel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Brandon only whistled in surprise at the revelation. The conversation was cut short as they were informed of the imminent landing.

Brandon enjoyed the landing as well. He wouldn't have lasted long on any boat in the black if he couldn't handle bumpy landings, as this wasn't even close to the worst he'd experienced. He briefly wondered if the liquor he had consumed earlier would be a problem, but the alcohol in his system had long been worked out. He unstrapped from his jumpseat at the same time as Ryan.

"Even crippled she's a smooth ride," he commented to the Chief before acquiescing with the request. "I'll be down there in two." Brandon's stomach rumbled, reminding him he hadn't eaten in a while. "Want me to bring you something to eat?" he asked before they both headed out of Engineering.

~Brandon~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 am

Jason Andersen wrote:Brandon only whistled in surprise at the revelation. The conversation was cut short as they were informed of the imminent landing.

Brandon enjoyed the landing as well. He wouldn't have lasted long on any boat in the black if he couldn't handle bumpy landings, as this wasn't even close to the worst he'd experienced. He briefly wondered if the liquor he had consumed earlier would be a problem, but the alcohol in his system had long been worked out. He unstrapped from his jumpseat at the same time as Ryan.

"Even crippled she's a smooth ride," he commented to the Chief before acquiescing with the request. "I'll be down there in two." Brandon's stomach rumbled, reminding him he hadn't eaten in a while. "Want me to bring you something to eat?" he asked before they both headed out of Engineering.

~Brandon~

"No thanks, I'm good", Ryan answered before heading of to his meeting with the captain.

-Ryan Bow
Mischa Brendel
Mischa Brendel

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:13 pm

<-- TIME CUT -->

Brad, Ryan, and Brandon moved crates of new parts into the Engine room. Brandon had already started some disassembly to facilitate the repairs to come, and Ryan continued this work while Brad unpacked and prepped the new parts.

Brandon continued to bring crates in, until he came back saying, "Only one more left."

Knowing he'd be stuck in the stuffy engine room for most of the rest of the day, he picked up his mug and a thermos of coffee and decided he'd take his coffee break out in the sun and fresh air before bringing the last crate up.

~Brandon~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  James M Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 am

Jason Andersen wrote:<-- TIME CUT -->

Brad, Ryan, and Brandon moved crates of new parts into the Engine room. Brandon had already started some dis-assembly to facilitate the repairs to come, and Ryan continued this work while Brad unpacked and prepped the new parts.

Brandon continued to bring crates in, until he came back saying, "Only one more left."

Knowing he'd be stuck in the stuffy engine room for most of the rest of the day, he picked up his mug and a thermos of coffee and decided he'd take his coffee break out in the sun and fresh air before bringing the last crate up.

~Brandon~

Brad was already removing engine accessories in preparation to remove the pulse iterator cover , With Ryan's help he had set the engine to TDC on cylinder number 1

Brad pauses for a moment

" Well so far the front seal was leaking, the vibration damper is shot . We got a new one in that crate your going to get ,and we may as well change the water pump, Ohhh ya she was leaking, And they said they checked this engine over, HUH ! Never trust those gorram morons again , Ryan could you hand me the impact "

The noise of air tools began

OOC: I am so thankful for my airtools, I ripped into that poor Ford fairly quick

James / GM

James M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2