Phoenix Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regula (USS Repulse)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Regula (USS Repulse) Empty Regula (USS Repulse)

Post  Jason Andersen Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 pm

i||i i||i
. i||i

... and the away team found itself inside the Regula planetoid.

They were standing in a small, man-made cavern roughly the size of the bridge. A corridor was visible in one wall. The cavern itself had several crates with the Starfleet insignia on them. The air was breathable, but smelled slightly of decay.

Last edited by Jason Andersen on Fri May 27, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Regula (USS Repulse) Empty Re: Regula (USS Repulse)

Post  Jason Andersen Fri May 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Dr. Badawai immediately pulled her tricorder and began scanning for life signs.

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sat May 28, 2011 2:18 am

Regula (USS Repulse) Janiri23sm

Upon materialization Ja'niri immediately started taking readings. She read them off as they registered, even if no one was listening. "Oxygen/Nitrogen atmosphere, standard class M gravity, .10 moisture content. The Cavern appears to have been carved with a phaser drilling unit. It is approximately 11 years old. The walls are made of standard metallic ores found throughout the planetoid. Temperature is 58.3 degrees (sorry Celsius folk). Energy readings are minimal. Apparently an old federation fusion coil." She began approaching the stack of crates. "Mostly machinery for maintaining the atmosphere. However the atmospheric processors do not appear to be powered. Most of the systems appear to have shut themselves off to conserve energy." She continued to ramble on in her soft voice. Her antenae shifted about the cavern looking at every detail.

OOC: Hope the analysis doesn't stray to far from what you want. Just trying to describe the entry to the Genesis Cave from the movie.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sat May 28, 2011 2:28 am

Regula (USS Repulse) Taasksm
Ta'ask and his squad fanned out into the cavern chamber as the blue alien started spouting science babble that meant little to the reptile. He pointed his gloved claw in two directions as his men advanced, phaser rifles drawn.

"Clear." One of the crewmen called out as he investigated a corner by the boxes.
The shout was repeated by each of the men as they looked around the abandoned room.

"What wassss thissss place?" Ta'ask inquired from within his helmet. The EVA suits were annoying, but his men were going to keep them in place until the Captain said otherwise. The visor was starting to fog up.

-Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat May 28, 2011 8:11 am

"Some attempt at terraforming", Heinz responded as she took a look around for any obvious signs of danger, dying people and the Genesis device. That and an exit, so they could start looking around the place. She began to set up a search pattern in her mind. [OOC: How many people do we have in this party?[/OOC]

She activated her tricorder and spoke into it.

=^=Heinz to Repulse. Down and safe.=^=

- CO

OOC: "Down and safe" is actually a catchphrase from Blake's 7, a cult British science fiction series that ran from 1978 to 1981 and was created by Terry Nation, of Daleks fame. About a group of "freedom fighters" fighting against the totalitarian Federation, led by the eponymous Roj Blake, it's got some rather wobbly effects (the budget wasn't huge), but that's more than made up for the plotting, the characterisation and truly excellent dialogue. One particular gem from cynical computer expert Avon:

"That one is Cally [telepathic alien]; I shall introduce her more formally when she wakes up. This one is Vila [cowardly safe-cracker]; I should really introduce him now, he's at his best when he's unconscious".

I would highly recommend it.

- Silent

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sat May 28, 2011 10:53 am

OOC: I count 9 in our party (4 core, 5 expendable (I mean, security)). Haven't watched Blakes 7 since I was in Jr. High. My Duaghter has become addicted to all things Scifi & British, we will have to pick up a copy.

-Kevin
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat May 28, 2011 1:38 pm

OOC: Thanks.

Silent

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue May 31, 2011 10:07 pm

OOC: That analysis is fine, there would be a few slight differences, but nothing significant to the story. Spot on with the energy levels, as well. It's uncanny, actually... **checks over his shoulder**

IC:
Commander Sullivan's voice replied:
=^= We're having a hard time keeping locks on you through all the rock, Captain. The team will need to return to the staging area you are in for reliable beam out. We'll keep the channel open and monitoring. =^=

Dr. Badawai picked something up on her medical tricorder. "A faint life sign, this way!" She ran towards the only exit from the small cave, heedless of any danger.

It wasn't difficult to spot the phaser burns on the walls near the doorway that Badawai was heading towards. Had those with superior olfaction not been wearing EVA suits, they would have detected the smell of the residual phaser fire in the air. Whatever happened here happened very recently.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Ja'niri's antenae tilted towards the doorway Dr. Badawai indicated. She quickly switched her tricorder to stop scanning rocks and look for these life signs. "Confirmed. There are definate life readings through that doorway." Her eyes stayed intently on the tricorder readings as her antenae looked for threats on the path indicated. Her right hand held her phaser pistol at ready.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Ta'ask's eyes swivled between the phaser scoring around the doorway. He turned to lookback to the other side of the chamber to see if there was scoring there too. He turned about in his EVA suit bubble. Had this been a battle or merely an attack from forces trying to enter the next room? He motioned for the security oficers to approach the doorway in a spread configuration. Luckily they seemed to have no problem understanding signals from a three fingered hand, maybe it was the heavy sealed gloves. Ta'ask made a soft clicking noise as he attempted to sniff from inside his helmet. No use.

-Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:47 am

Anna watched as the security officers headed towards the door and got ready to enter. She trained her phaser in the general direction, in case she was needed to provide fire support.

She was starting to think that the EVA suits were a bad idea. As soon as this situation was done, she'd remove her helmet, keeping it to hand just in case - and order the others to do so.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Ja'niri's tricorder picked up only a single life sign outside of their party - and a very weak one at that.

Ta'ask saw no scoring on the opposite wall - the firing came from a single direction. If this was a battle, it must have been heavily one-sided.

Dr. Badawai reached the door ahead of the security detail and stepped through to the chamber beyond. What she saw caused her to stop in her tracks and take a breath, her eyes open in wonder... or horror.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 pm

"I am showing one humanoid lifesign in the next room...." She scowled at the tricorder, adjusting its settings to insure correct scanning. "...however I am reading enormous vegetation and small insect lifesigns." she stated softly as she approached the doorway with the doctor. The sudden humidity of the air was unusual. The Atmosphere was entirely different than the phaser carved entry chamber. This was....huge....and disgusting....at least from the andorian's perspective.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:50 pm

Ta'ask motioned his squad to follow the doctor through the doorway. Despite his predetorial instincts and expert starfleet training, he stopped in his tracks. Before him opened up Nirvana. An unspoiled primordial jungle. His saurian heart lept with joy. Everything that his race had held to religously about the birth world Earth, seemed to be personified here. It was a dinosaur playland. He suddenly felt the confining nature of the EVA suit. The dense vegetation beyond cried out to be sensed and expereinced in its fullness.

-Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Not all was beautiful to behold - dotted throughout the lush vegetation was a plant that had completely died away. In fact, on closer inspection, most of the vegetation was beginning to wilt at the edges. Far from an Eden, this place was dying.

As if to mimic the dead vegetation beyond, along a path leading from the entry cave were several bodies lying face down, shot from behind by phaser fire. Some were men, some women, and all wore a standard civilian uniform issued by Starfleet. A few also wore lab coats. It didn't take much to see they had been attempting to run when they were gunned down.

Dr. Badawai turned from the lush cavern and started checking the bodies. She stopped at the second one.

"He's alive!" She immediately begin administering to the fallen man.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:38 am

"Right!" Heinz yelled, when she saw the injured man, "If you can move him, do. Everyone else, you can take your helmets off, but keep them handy in case we get attacked".

Anna looked around at some of the vegetation. It was clear that this place was dying and her engineering mind quickly guessed why; the device wasn't here any more.

She opened her tricorder after removing her helmet, sniffing the atmosphere and taking a brief, but only brief glance at the corpses. They weren't pleasant to look at.

=/\=Captain to Repulse. Inform Starfleet that I believe the Genesis device is not, repeat not, on this planet. Most of the technical crew are dead; although there are injured survivors. With evidence of Klingon disruptor fire, we have to suspect the worst. =/\=

She turned to the crew and informed them of the situation. This was not good by any possible means; they were now dealing with a major crisis that probably involved the Klingons. Or someone pretending to be them, which was just as bad.

"I'm not sure we can do much more. Check as much as you can, but I think whoever has this is already heading away - and may well have headed for the nebula".

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:24 pm

The reply came back from the Repulse:
=^= Aye Captain. =^=

Dr. Badawai was frantically working to stabilize the man.

"We're losing him. I can't do much with what I have."

She opened her comm device.

=^="Dr. Badawai to Transporter Room, can you get a lock on me?"=^=

=^="Negative, Doctor. The rock is too thick to get a lock."=^=

Dr. Badawai cursed in Hindi and continued to do what she could.

"If I move him, Captain, he'll die. If I don't move him, he'll die." Her frustration was very clear.

The man started moaning something. "... isn't ready ... too unstable..."

The Doctor sighed. "All I can do is hope to make him more comfortable." She moved to sedate him.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 am

"Understood", Heinz replied. There wasn't really any more she could say about the dying man. Except...

"Could you ask him who attacked him?"

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 pm

Dr. Badawai stopped and turned, looking a bit pale.

"I could wake him fully, Captain. But he'd be in a lot of pain. I'm not sure how coherent he'd be."

She looked down at her bag. She understood how important it would be to get information from the last survivor, but she didn't have to like it.

"I could numb him from most of the pain. But he isn't going to be conscious for long before he goes into shock."

She adjusted her injector and prepared to administer the medication.

"On your order, Captain."

~Dr. Badawai~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:52 am

Heinz didn't like the idea either, but it needed to be done.

"Do it", she ordered.

- CO

OOC: This scene reminds me of what happened to a character named Paula Schaeffer in 24...

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Ta'ask quickly removed his EVA helmet in reponse to the captain's order. He took in a deep breath. The scent of rotting vegetation was pungent. However the intoxicating scent of the rotting bodies of prey caused his pupils to dilate in ecstasy. He began salivating as his thoughts turned to the taste of human flesh. His long jagged mouth unzipped in a toothy smile, that without a question was likely to seem out of place to his crewmates and especially Dr. Badawai. He could make out the distinct aroma of a mammal near death. A fresh kill. It was a right and proper thing that Ta'ask had not been trained as a corpsman. He had distinct trouble telling the difference between the medical and culinary arts.

It took him several moments to realize that his unblinking eyes were staring at the dying man. He fought back the instinct to feed and tried to remember his starfleet training. The only thing better than one dying mammal was a herd of prey. His finely attuned predatorial senses began to sift the scene for signs of adversaries.

-Lt. Ta'ask
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Ja'niri's antenae rolled up as she watched the doctor attend to her patient. She rushed to her side and began taking readings on the dying man, his physiology and potential identification and service record. The man was in need of going into immediate stasis for transport back to sick bay. She had to remind herself that portable stasis fields were not yet in field service. She found it amazing that Starfleet ever survived this era of exploration. The technology was frighteningly primitive. She looked at her own bulky tricorder. She had made some unauthorized adjustments tot he the device, but it still worked like a children's storybook compared to the data she could collect in her own time. Unfortunately these were elements she could not control. She had a job to do at the moment. Her antenae focused in on the patient as the doctor prepared to revive him. She had her tricorder set to record any words he might coherently put out.
-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 am

Dr. Badawai nodded grimly, then awoke the man.

His first instinct was to scream in agony. Dr. Badawai quickly administered additional pain killers, and the man settled, although he still wriggled in discomfort.

"Take it easy, try to relax," the Dr. said to the man. "What is your name?"

"I... Ian," he managed through clenched teeth.

"Ok Ian. I'm Dr. Badawai. Can you tell us who did this?"

He nodded. That was a mistake as he groaned again. "The defenses... didn't hold. Somehow, they knew where to attack us. Knew where we would hide. The prototype... stolen."

He coughed, and that caused a whole knew bout of pain. Dr. Badawai waited, patiently, as the man calmed again. "Who, Ian? Who attacked you?"

"K... Klingons." Dr. Badawai looked alarmed at the captain, but the man continued. "B.. but... oddest looking ... Klingons... I've ever seen."

Dr. Badawai frowned. "What do you mean by 'odd', Ian?"

But Ian ignored the question. "If... if they detonate it... it's too unstable. Who knows what damage it ... will ... ungh... do."

The man's body went limp, and he breathed out for a long time before going silent.

Dr. Badawai checked her medical tricorder to be sure, and then closed his eyes.

"He's gone, Captain." She noted the time of death in her records. "Captain, permission to get additional people down here so we can take the bodies on board."

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:35 am

Heinz nodded.

"Do it", she said as she turned away from the body. Walking back towards the cave where they'd arrived, she wondered if there was anything more that they could do here. She also wondered about the odd-looking Klingons. Could they be odd-looking Klingons or someone else?

She headed over to one of the cave walls and leant against it, her eyes closed. She said a brief prayer in German, then turned to the others.

"Finish up anything that needs doing here - then we're leaving", she ordered.

- CO

Silent Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Ja'niri's antenae drooped as the tricorder showed the man's lifesigns ceasing. She noted the time of death to save and cross link to the doctor's statement when they returned to Repulse later.

As the captain declared the scene closed and requested for personnel to return to the ship, her antenae picked up on a small object in the deceased man's hand. She bent down and began prying the man's stiffening fingers from the object. It appeared to be a data stick for a Federation Tricorder. She quickly opened her unit's receiver and set the Tricorder to play back the saved data.

-Ja'niri
Zuzutoo
Zuzutoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next