The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:49 am

Freya didn't stop barking as the mule approached until she saw Naraea. Even then, she sat ready. She recognized the human, but she didn't trust her yet. But another familiar smell was there. Ayla? She barked once and wagged her tail briefly, still not sure.

-----

The gun fired again, this time behind the mule as it sped away. The gunner cursed and lined up for another round as the smaller scout ship lifted off. Jane knew it was only a matter of time before she would witness the final destruction of those that had caused her so much loss. She hadn't even begun to think of how she would explain the loss of one of her scout ships.

Suddenly the Devils Double rocked violently. "What!?" she screamed at her flight crew.

"Ma'am, we are being fired upon!"

The scout ship had turned its smaller guns and obliterated the larger gun that was about to take out the mule.

"You want to play? Let's PLAY!" came Olaf's voice over the speaker.

The Devils Double rocked again.

"Get us up, NOW!" Jane's face was filled with rage.

-----

Olaf slipped up to the cockpit. The small scout ship only needed a single pilot, and only had a seat for two. He took both pilot and co-pilot out quietly, then locked the cockpit door behind him. If there was anyone else aboard the ship, he didn't want them returning the favor.

The first thing he knew he'd have to do would be to remove that big gun, or else his trip would be over real quick.

He pulled up on the throttle, getting the bird off the ground, then swung around and lined up his shot. He fired, shredding the gun in a barrage of fire.

"You want to play? Let's PLAY!" he yelled into the comm, strafing the larger ship. Suddenly it moved, lifting up off the ground faster than Olaf was expecting. He pulled back on the throttle and headed for the Black. If any of his crew mates were still alive, he needed to lead the larger ship away to give them a chance.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  James M on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:19 am

OOC: Darn it Jason you are one good writer, Your doing a first class job as our GM , Keep it up this is fun, I look forward to checking these posts on my iphone at work ]

James tpo Ronon ( blub blub slurp )

James M

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 pm

OOC: Thank you very much, James!

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Bill Greene on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:38 am


Ronon spotted X running right toward him and the sticky gooey trap he was in, X was going to run right into the stuff unless Ronon did something , He grabs gobs of the mud and begins hurling them at X. he hits him on the forehead with a soft one

" X...OVER HERE. SLOW DOWN DUDE,,,QUICKSAND,.. NEED A ROPE!!! "

Ronon hoped it would work

Ronon Dex [/quote]

X swore under his breath as the dirt clod exploded in his face. He saw the trajectory just before impact. He rush closer to Ronon stopping short and looking for a branch. Finding none long and slim enough to break off, he unbuckled his belt and flipped the end to Ronon. "Pull with your arms. Don't kick and try to lay as flat as you can on top of the sand." X pulled hard, It wasn't easy but the big man was coming unstuck. "We need to have a chat about your attention grabbing techniques, Buddy"

X Davies

Bill Greene

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Misty Taylor on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 pm

She didn't think now, that she was dead. Ayla's body was hurting too much for that to be the case. Although she had no idea what was actually going on around her, she did notice that ever so slowly her hearing was starting to return. She thought about attempting a yawn to pop her ears, but that would just cause the throbbing place on her cheek to hurt even worse than it did already. Then she heard a sound, a bark, which meant Freya was near. And it Freya was near than that meant the Olaf was too. Ayla took a deep breath, her voice coming out louder, if not full of pain, to call for the Akita, "Freya."

Ayla

Misty Taylor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 38
Location : Alabama, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Freya's keen ears picked up the voice. She barked again - a happy bark. If Ayla was with the new woman, things were ok. Freya turned to August and licked his face, then turned back to the mule. She whimpered, but quickly made a choice - Ayla would help August. Freya just had to get Ayla to come to August. She took one long stride to get enough momentum and then leapt up into the mule, licked Ayla's face, then just as suddenly was back down to the ground again, looking back to see if Ayla would follow.

-----

The large ship was airborne now and turning to chase the scout ship up into the blackening sky, both ships guns firing at each other. The large ship had left a clear footprint, and near it were several of the bodies Ronon had dispatched, as well as the smoldering shell of the second scout ship. A scorch mark and bits of charred debris was all that remained of the tent. The copse of burning trees added its own smoke stack to the black cloud that was forming over the clearing.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  James M on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:20 am

Bill Greene wrote:
Ronon spotted X running right toward him and the sticky gooey trap he was in, X was going to run right into the stuff unless Ronon did something , He grabs gobs of the mud and begins hurling them at X. he hits him on the forehead with a soft one

" X...OVER HERE. SLOW DOWN DUDE,,,QUICKSAND,.. NEED A ROPE!!! "

Ronon hoped it would work

Ronon Dex

X swore under his breath as the dirt clod exploded in his face. He saw the trajectory just before impact. He rush closer to Ronon stopping short and looking for a branch. Finding none long and slim enough to break off, he unbuckled his belt and flipped the end to Ronon. "Pull with your arms. Don't kick and try to lay as flat as you can on top of the sand." X pulled hard, It wasn't easy but the big man was coming unstuck. "We need to have a chat about your attention grabbing techniques, Buddy"

X Davies[/quote]

Ronon grabbed the thick leather belt and began pulling himself up and out of the trap, his big arms and broad shoulders flexed with power, X's big arms and shoulders did the same as Ronon pulled himself out flat on top of the quicksand, then he manky crawled on to firm ground and where X now lay holding his now muddy belt, Ronon gets goofy and gives the man a hug with his big muddy arm, the big man actually had a smile on his face

" Thanks X, I'll buy ya a new belt "

Then Ronon rolls onto his back and looks up to see the two air born ships firing at each other , he was full of mud, dreads were full of mud, he needed a good dunking, but his thoughts were on August and Olaf and he had a feeling one of them may be up there

" X we need a cannon "

Ronon rips his shirt off since it was rather torn from the fight

Ronon Dex

James M

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Mischa Brendel on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:12 am

Jason Andersen wrote:Freya's keen ears picked up the voice. She barked again - a happy bark. If Ayla was with the new woman, things were ok. Freya turned to August and licked his face, then turned back to the mule. She whimpered, but quickly made a choice - Ayla would help August. Freya just had to get Ayla to come to August. She took one long stride to get enough momentum and then leapt up into the mule, licked Ayla's face, then just as suddenly was back down to the ground again, looking back to see if Ayla would follow.

-----

The large ship was airborne now and turning to chase the scout ship up into the blackening sky, both ships guns firing at each other. The large ship had left a clear footprint, and near it were several of the bodies Ronon had dispatched, as well as the smoldering shell of the second scout ship. A scorch mark and bits of charred debris was all that remained of the tent. The copse of burning trees added its own smoke stack to the black cloud that was forming over the clearing.

~GM~

August was dimly aware of something warm in his face. Blood? No, his shoulder had been hurt, not his face. Somehow he found the energy to roll onto his stomach and push himself up on his knees, leaning on his good arm. He looked around him and saw Freya jumping happily next to a... a mule? If the akita was so overjoyed at the arrival of someone, it could only mean that the vehicle was manned by his crew. "Took you long enough", he muttered.



-August Solitaire
avatar
Mischa Brendel

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Haven

Post  Bill Greene on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:40 pm

X laughed and returned the hug. He pulled away, now covered in the same sloppy mess as Ronon. "And pants and shirt and shoes..." He slapped his friend on the shoulder, "C'mon. We gotta find August." X pointed to where he'd seen August run with Freya. "I saw him take off over that way."
X started to run, and mud flew everywhere from his clothes.

X Davies

Bill Greene

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Mischa Brendel wrote:
"Took you long enough", he muttered.


OOC: LOL! lol!

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:00 pm

The scout ship quickly grew distant as it made its way up, dodging and weaving the way a smaller bird would against a larger predatory bird. The roar of the engines grew faint, and nothing stirred in the clearing. The silence was heavy.

Before the small ship could disappear from sight completely, however, a large flash came from it, and its white vapor trail suddenly turned black. It left its straight line up into the sky, and instead began curving back towards the horizon, losing altitude as it shrank from view, its ebony trail lost in the distance. The Devils Double seemed to follow the trajectory of the falling ship, also turning back towards the surface of Haven. Soon the large ship could only be tracked by its vapor trail, until it was lost to view behind the inky cloud above the clearing.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Misty Taylor on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:13 am

Jason Andersen wrote:Freya's keen ears picked up the voice. She barked again - a happy bark. If Ayla was with the new woman, things were ok. Freya turned to August and licked his face, then turned back to the mule. She whimpered, but quickly made a choice - Ayla would help August. Freya just had to get Ayla to come to August. She took one long stride to get enough momentum and then leapt up into the mule, licked Ayla's face, then just as suddenly was back down to the ground again, looking back to see if Ayla would follow.

~GM~


Ayla heard another bark and breathed a sigh of relief. Hearing a sound like that could only mean good things, right? Then suddenly she felt something rough and wet on her face, and she realized Freya had just licked her. Why she didn't know. Ayla opened her eyes to see if maybe Olaf was there too, but saw nothing but the sky. She turned her head and saw no one but Naraea. Now she was just confused...and still in pain.

Ayla

OOC: I agree! great oneliner Mischa! Love it!

Misty Taylor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 38
Location : Alabama, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  KrystalB on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:45 am

Naraea saw the look the girl was given her and makes 'what' expression. "It weren't me girl...its yer furry friend... NOw can we all get on the mule and back ta the ship?" All this goings on was exhausting with the runnin, explosions and such.
avatar
KrystalB

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 33
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  James M on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:55 am

Bill Greene wrote:X laughed and returned the hug. He pulled away, now covered in the same sloppy mess as Ronon. "And pants and shirt and shoes..." He slapped his friend on the shoulder, "C'mon. We gotta find August." X pointed to where he'd seen August run with Freya. "I saw him take off over that way."
X started to run, and mud flew everywhere from his clothes.

X Davies

Ronon got up and with stiff cold legs followed after X, soon his muscles stretched out and his stride increased, Mud flew everywhere and launched from his dreads, As Ronon got up, he scooped up his weapon in the progress
He spots the mule, Ayla and Freya jumping out of the mule and licking some one on the ground, it was August , then as they approached Ronon looked up quickly and caught the not good vapour trails, he kicks in the speed and passes X with a grunt and then manages a dry yell

" We need to get back to the boat !! "

Before anyone knew it Ronon was at Augusts side ,and helping him into the mule using August's good shoulder, Freya recognized the big man and gave him room , Now August had some mud on him , Ronon hops into the mule

" Sorry 'bout the mess folks, Planet decided to try and eat me for lunch "

Ronon Dex ( Now there are three muck ones, Yes Ronon likes to share )

James M

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Mischa Brendel on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:01 am

August was slowly coming to a bit more. He let himself be pulled into the mule and saw that it was rather crowded. In fact, the only one missing was Olaf. As he followed Ronon's gaze, he saw a trail of smoke. Putting the pieces together in his mind, he concluded that Olaf must have something to do with it, although the CO was too exhausted to ponder on it further. "Med kit", he said in a voice that was softer than he'd intended. "And get us back to the Odyssey."

Now that the last of the adrenaline in his system was wearing off, he suddenly became aware of the pain in his shoulder.



-August Solitaire
avatar
Mischa Brendel

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Misty Taylor on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:16 pm

James M wrote: Ronon Dex ( Now there are three muck ones, Yes Ronon likes to share )

OOC: Don't you dare share with Ayla!! Razz lol Just remember the poor girl is in pain and nearly hurting all over!

Misty tpo Ayla

Misty Taylor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 38
Location : Alabama, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  James M on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:42 am

Mischa Brendel wrote:August was slowly coming to a bit more. He let himself be pulled into the mule and saw that it was rather crowded. In fact, the only one missing was Olaf. As he followed Ronon's gaze, he saw a trail of smoke. Putting the pieces together in his mind, he concluded that Olaf must have something to do with it, although the CO was too exhausted to ponder on it further. "Med kit", he said in a voice that was softer than he'd intended. "And get us back to the Odyssey."

Now that the last of the adrenaline in his system was wearing off, he suddenly became aware of the pain in his shoulder.



-August Solitaire

Ronon heard the captains request for the med kit and even though he was muddy he manages to find the mules med kit and some wet towels to clean himself up enough to work on the mans shoulder , for now it was clean the area enough and place a dressing over the wound, with the help of X Ronon was able to stop the bleeding and dress the wound, this was a challenge as Ayla drove toward the Odyssey , the mule bounced along the ground, Ronon almost fell out of the mule but Freya had placed herself as a brace , Ronon gave her a thank you smile and kept working carefully since he was pretty muddy from his quicksand ordeal

" OK captain lie still, I'll have to come up with something more permanent on the ship, You lost a bit of blood so take it easy "

Ronon was hoping that the engines would crank over, the last battery ready was low and the back up compressed air system was low on pressure and the starter solenoid was not looking good , For now it was watch the captain and hold onto Freya as the rode along toward the ship

Ronon Dex

James M

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Mischa Brendel on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 am

August let the others take care of his wound, while he rummaged through the med kit obviously looking for something. Just as his crew finished tending his shoulder, he found what he had been looking for. He retrieved a syringe out of the box, pulled the cap off with his teeth and injected himself with the adrenaline. He almost immediately felt more alert. Luckily his wound had been tended to, otherwise he would only lose more blood. But right now he needed his wits. With some difficulty he managed to sit up straight and looked around him. So far he did not see anybody following them yet, but there was another matter to take into account. One that his crew wasn't aware of yet. "We need to get out of here fast. The Alliance will be here soon."



-August Solitaire
avatar
Mischa Brendel

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Misty Taylor on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:54 pm

With the swelling already starting on her face from Buddy’s punch, and the pain she was in from her dislocated shoulder and who knows what else, Ayla glanced around the now crowded mule. Naraea was still driving, and X was back with both Ronon, the captain, and Freya but where was Olaf? She really was uncomfortable from all the pain and the fact that her hands were still cuffed behind. Not wanting to say anything while Ronon was tending to Captains Solitaire’s obvious bullet wound, she waited until he shot something with a needle into himself.

Ayla didn’t recognize her own, weak voice as she looked from Ronon to captain, “Where’s Olaf?”

Ayla

Misty Taylor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 38
Location : Alabama, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  James M on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:12 am

Mischa Brendel wrote:August let the others take care of his wound, while he rummaged through the med kit obviously looking for something. Just as his crew finished tending his shoulder, he found what he had been looking for. He retrieved a syringe out of the box, pulled the cap off with his teeth and injected himself with the adrenaline. He almost immediately felt more alert. Luckily his wound had been tended to, otherwise he would only lose more blood. But right now he needed his wits. With some difficulty he managed to sit up straight and looked around him. So far he did not see anybody following them yet, but there was another matter to take into account. One that his crew wasn't aware of yet. "We need to get out of here fast. The Alliance will be here soon."



-August Solitaire

Ronon looked at August

" We're working on that, just a minute and we'll be at the boat, I just hope the ole girl starts "

Then they come into view of the Odyssey cleverly hidden near some tall trees

Ronon Dex

James M

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:22 pm

August wasn't looking too good. He had lost a lot of blood. It was a miracle the man was even conscious. Ayla had also had better days. While not outwardly bleeding except from small lacerations and abrasions, it was possible she had internal injuries and a few broken bones from the tumble out of Buddy's mule.

Ronon was good at patching people up with small wounds in the field, but both were going to need a proper doctor - sooner rather than later. If they didn't find a doctor on Haven, the chances of their two crewmen surviving would be drastically reduced.

Naraea did remember seeing a small settlement along a river a few miles away when they landed. It wasn't a big city, but looked big enough to likely have a doctor, as well as having a small landing area that could possibly be called a dock. It was big enough for at least a couple of smaller spacecraft - or one very large pioneer ship, probably cleared forcefully when the first settlers arrived here in their ship.

~GM~

OOC: That small settlement is, of course, Prospect Hill.

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  James M on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:08 pm

As they bounced along Ronon looked at August , then Ayla, August was looking pale and fevered, Ronon knew it was blood loss, Ayla was not looking well ether, both needed more than what he could do with his field medic expertise
He leans on the back of Naraea's drivers seat

" Hey!! we need a doctor, did you see any town when you were in the air? ! "

Ronon almost lost his grip when they rounded a corner, but X's big arm grabbed him

"Thanks, forget the boat, We need a doc NOW!! "

Ronon's watch went back to the two in the back of the mule, Freya kept them alert by licking them each in the face, she was one smart dog, then where was Olaf, Ronon could feel frustration trying to get the best of him

Ronon Dex

James M

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Mischa Brendel on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:09 am

August almost spoke up when he heard Ronon say that they would need to go into town rather than to the Odyssey. But he knew the man was right. The fact that he was too tired to argue said it all. He cursed inwardly. The chance that the Alliance would find them on this rock grew by the minute. Activating his tracking device had been the only way for his crew to find him, but the Alliance was always watching. And it was their tracking device. They would come. The question was how long it would take them.



-August Solitaire
avatar
Mischa Brendel

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:03 pm

OOC: Moving things along just a bit. Assuming Naraea would mention the town.

IC:
Naraea nodded her head and turned again, this time away from the sight of the Odyssey and towards the town she knew to be a stone throw away.

It only took a few minutes before they were pulling into town, the general store and the clinic were visibly marked. The town seemed a bit deserted - the windows and doors were shut up as if there was a storm coming...

Naraea pulled them up beside the clinic.

--> Continued in the Clinic thread.

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum