The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Thu May 26, 2011 10:18 pm

The clearing on the planet Haven.


Last edited by Jason Andersen on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Thu May 26, 2011 10:31 pm

Ayla and August were led down the ramp, into the sunlight of Haven. The day was hot, and the dust was thick. Neither appeared to bother Jane, who was waiting for both of them at the bottom of the ramp, dressed in her normal fine uniform they had originally met her in.

"Welcome to Haven," she said coolly, as if a steward welcoming them to the beginning of their vacation. She eyed Ayla, and then added, "Or should I say, welcome back to Haven."

The place they had landed seemed to be dry brushland. A small, temporary tent-like structure had been set up around 30 feet away from the ramp. The makeshift door stood open, but the interior was dark.

She glanced, ever so briefly, at the guards near Ayla. They prodded her forward towards Jane. The guards with August stood to either side of him, making certain he didn't move or cause any trouble.

Jane watched Ayla step forward, then stepped next to her, addressing someone in the dark interior of the tent.

"Here is your prize, delivered unscathed as agreed."

A man stepped from the shadow of the tent into the light. He was dressed in an expensive western suit with exotic boots, a finely tailored overcoat, and an expensive cowboy hat that he had tilted down against the glare of the sun. This hid his face momentarily, but he raised his head when he spoke.

"There she is, my precious little girl."

Standing before Ayla was the visage of Buddy Phelps.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Mischa Brendel on Fri May 27, 2011 5:09 am

OOC: Quick question, Jason: we're currently on Haven, but in the bridge topic you have Olaf mentioning that it looked like the bounty hunter ship was headed for Deadwood. Is this on purpose (in which case you can just ignore this question)?

IC: August watched the situation with what appeared to be minor interest. But the truth was that he had many questions, the most obvious ones being: who is this man, and why does he want Ayla? He took a close look at the fancy looking man, but did not recognize him. The man however, clearly seemed to know Ayla. August shifted his attention to his crew member. Her reaction would at least give him some answers.



-August Solitaire



OOC: I'll be going on vacation for a week, so this will probably be my last post for a while. Jason, feel free to use August in the story as you see fit (just not as a human sacrifice, or anything Wink ). I think a lot of the conversation that will be taking place now will be between Ayla and her captors, so I'm guessing that I won't be slowing the story down too much.

Have fun, guys! See you in a week!



-Mischa tpo August
avatar
Mischa Brendel

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Fri May 27, 2011 10:15 pm

OOC: Yep, that is intentional. According to the Serenity database, Haven is an orbiting moon of Deadwood. Have a great vacation, Mischa!

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Misty Taylor on Tue May 31, 2011 10:09 pm

Jason Andersen wrote:Ayla and August were led down the ramp, into the sunlight of Haven. The day was hot, and the dust was thick. Neither appeared to bother Jane, who was waiting for both of them at the bottom of the ramp, dressed in her normal fine uniform they had originally met her in.

"Welcome to Haven," she said coolly, as if a steward welcoming them to the beginning of their vacation. She eyed Ayla, and then added, "Or should I say, welcome back to Haven."

The place they had landed seemed to be dry brushland. A small, temporary tent-like structure had been set up around 30 feet away from the ramp. The makeshift door stood open, but the interior was dark.

She glanced, ever so briefly, at the guards near Ayla. They prodded her forward towards Jane. The guards with August stood to either side of him, making certain he didn't move or cause any trouble.

That’s when the shaking started, it took hold and there was no way for Ayla to control it. No, she thought, I can’t be back here. Everything she had built up, all the walls and being strong, it all came crashing down. Surely something must have went wrong when she ran away and now she was brought back to pay for it. They prodded her forward, and quickly she shot a glance in the captain’s direction. She had dragged him with her. Ayla wanted it over with, before the rest of the crew found out about her past. It was bad enough with Captain Solitarie here, she knew he would figure most of it out.


Jane watched Ayla step forward, then stepped next to her, addressing someone in the dark interior of the tent.

"Here is your prize, delivered unscathed as agreed."

A man stepped from the shadow of the tent into the light. He was dressed in an expensive western suit with exotic boots, a finely tailored overcoat, and an expensive cowboy hat that he had tilted down against the glare of the sun. This hid his face momentarily, but he raised his head when he spoke.

"There she is, my precious little girl."

Standing before Ayla was the visage of Buddy Phelps.

~GM~

“No…” Ayla shook her head, it couldn’t be true. She’d rather die than…she had to run, get free somehow. Her body continued it’s trembling, as she swayed on her feet from the shock. Ayla should have known. Why couldn’t he just let her be! She started struggling with the cuffs.

Misty Taylor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 38
Location : Alabama, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Buddy walked towards Ayla.

"She's thinner than she was," he said to no one in particular, but possibly Jane. Jane seemed apathetic to the whole situation. Her assistant was working on the terminal she normally carried, and Jane's attention was divided between what was happening there and the reunion happening in front of her.

Buddy, seeing as he didn't have Jane's attention, addressed Ayla directly.

"There there, my girl. Don't cry. I know this has been a traumatic experience for you, but you're home now. I'll give you all the sweets you want. No more living off nothing on some pirate's ship. You see," he indicated his clothes, "we are much better off now."

He opened his arms to embrace her.

"It's ok, things will be different this time. I forgive you for running away. I forgive you the pain you have caused me."

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Misty Taylor on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Tears were streaking down her cheeks uncontrollably, as she watched him approach. Did he really think she was going to willingly go anywhere with him? Ayla would rather be safe on a pirate ship, starving even, just to stay away from Buddy. Out of his reach. What did he really think he was going to accomplish putting a bounty on her head and having her brought in? She was 19, old enough to be on her own….But that really wasn’t what he cared about. He’d never let her be on her own.

Ayla glared at him through the tears clouding her vision. She had changed over the years. And even though she was crying, it didn’t mean she was going to give in a cower to him like she had in the past. Ayla flinched and took a step backwards as Buddy stretched his arms out. It was enough to give anyone watching insight.

"No." Ayla said, "I'm not your girl. I don't care about your means either." She raked him with a glance, with her contempt unhidden.

Misty Taylor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 38
Location : Alabama, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:16 pm

"You ARE my girl, I've got the papers to prove it. And I said come here." Buddy's tone had grown harsh. "I'll not stand for the impudence this riffraff has taught you."

He clearly meant August as the riffraff. He took a step forward again, menacingly this time. He'd take her with him by force, if necessary, that much was certain. It was clear as day by the look on his face.

"I won't let you be led astray again. That bitch Gisele won't be bothering us anymore, I've seen to that."

He grabbed for her arm.

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Mischa Brendel on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:33 am

August had observed everything carefully. This man clearly had Ayla running scared out of her wits. August himself was not the kind of guy who went out of his way to be nice and social: survival of the fittest was the one rule the Verse seemed to obey, but if there was one thing he could not stand for it was slavery. And it seemed to the captain that this was pretty much the case with this man and his young crew member.

But he let none of it show. Instead, he gave a very calm reply when he was being referred to as 'riffraff'. "I take offense to that term, sir" he said with a mocking look of hurt on his face. "Here we are, in the middle of nowhere, bound and guarded by people who have more in common with the local flora then with actual homo sapiens, not even offered a seat or a drink, but instead just being herded towards a man who I can only assume has no manners, because he hasn't introduced himself yet." There, that should have gotten them all pretty angry. "Let us start again. My name is August Solitaire, captain of the Odyssey. How do you do?" I am afraid I cannot shake your hand for a proper greeting, my good man." He turned to his left a little and held up his hands which were still cuffed behind his back. All the while he kept his infamous grin upon his face.

-August Solitaire

OOC: Back from vacation and just in time for some fireworks I see!

-Mischa tpo August
avatar
Mischa Brendel

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 pm

OOC: Think I'll let Misty have the opportunity to reply to the grab attempt by Buddy, before he responds...

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Misty Taylor on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 am

Her head was still shaking back and forth, as nothing Buddy was saying was making any sense. What papers? But before she could even think any further on that though, Ayla recgonized the tone in his voice. Then he mentioned Gisele, her friend that had helped er escape. "What did you do to her?" she flinched and took a couple steps backwards away from his hand, Even though there was no where to go. Not with her arms cuffed and surrounded by guards.

Then Captain Solitaire started speaking. Ayla, in her misery had almost forgotten that he was there. What was he doing talking the a man like that when he was obviously not going to be able to defend himself with his hands tied. Not to mention no weapons.

Ayla

Misty Taylor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 38
Location : Alabama, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:08 pm

One of the guards growled a bit when August insulted them, but a striking look from Jane silenced the guard immediately. Buddy opened his mouth, but got the same look from Jane. He promptly closed it.

"Mr. Solitaire, you are captain of the Odyssey no longer," Jane replied to him. "You are a fugitive and a criminal who will pay for the crimes you have committed. And Mr. Phelps business is not your concern. Your ride will be arriving shortly. Move him back," she ordered to her guards, who took him by each arm and pulled him back towards the ramp and to the side.

She turned and addressed Buddy, holding a pad out.

"Your daughter has been delivered back to you as requested, Mr. Phelps. Please sign here to take possession of her and transfer final payment."

Buddy was still glaring at August, but stuck his hand out and placed it on the pad. It read his handprint, then beeped audibly.

"Thank you, Mr. Phelps. You may go now."

"You have a key for them cuffs? No," he added, as one of the guards moved to remove them. "Leave them on. Add 'em to my bill. I just need the key."

Jane looked slightly annoyed at the man, but nodded and the guard produced the key, which Buddy took and pocketed. He grinned wickedly and then took Ayla by her arm, gripping it tightly enough to cause pain. His demeanor changed too, as if he was forgetting to act like a man of means now that he had the prize he coveted.

"Now enough of your snivelin'. You ain't old enough to be on yer own, and it ain't proper havin' scum like that takin' advantage of ya. Come on, we're goin' home." He began pulling her towards the side of the tent, where a mule was parked.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:33 pm

A far bit away from where they stood, a mule coasted to a stop within a small copse of trees. The crew of the Odyssey had arrived.

The large ship was flanked on either side by the two smaller ships, forming a V when viewed from above. Guards stood all around the larger ship - it would be difficult to approach it without being seen, but someone could easily sneak up to one of the smaller ships, both of which were sealed up tight.

The Odyssey crew could see a middle aged man handling Ayla, dragging her towards a mule parked behind a large tent. They could see Jane, and her aide, as well as two guards. All had their backs to them, and the group was unable to see the ship ramp and August and his two guards.

OOC:

Let's see if I can create a rough diagram showing relative positions:

...................... mule
...................... tent
.
....................... Jane et al
...................... ramp August
....................S...H...I...P
.................S.....H.....I.....P
.................S.....H.....I.....P
.
...........Sm.......................Sm
...........Ship.....................Ship
.
.
. Odyssey
. Crew

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  James M on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:44 am

Ronon slipped out of the mule and immediately went into stealth mode, the big man wore moslty brown clothing and with the thick dreads he blended into the surroundings, he pulls a pair of small field glasses from his pocket and surveys the layout
One big ship flanked my two smaller ships and the engine exhausts were facing them, he whispers to Olaf

" I think I can sneak up plant a couple of these to warm their butts then slip out, I can't see the captain, but I see Ayla with some dude, give me a sniper rifle and I could take him down "

Ronon hands the field glasses to Olaf for a look

Ronon Dex

James M

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Mischa Brendel on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:57 am

Jason Andersen wrote:One of the guards growled a bit when August insulted them, but a striking look from Jane silenced the guard immediately. Buddy opened his mouth, but got the same look from Jane. He promptly closed it.

"Mr. Solitaire, you are captain of the Odyssey no longer," Jane replied to him. "You are a fugitive and a criminal who will pay for the crimes you have committed. And Mr. Phelps business is not your concern. Your ride will be arriving shortly. Move him back," she ordered to her guards, who took him by each arm and pulled him back towards the ramp and to the side.

She turned and addressed Buddy, holding a pad out.

"Your daughter has been delivered back to you as requested, Mr. Phelps. Please sign here to take possession of her and transfer final payment."

Buddy was still glaring at August, but stuck his hand out and placed it on the pad. It read his handprint, then beeped audibly.

"Thank you, Mr. Phelps. You may go now."

"You have a key for them cuffs? No," he added, as one of the guards moved to remove them. "Leave them on. Add 'em to my bill. I just need the key."

Jane looked slightly annoyed at the man, but nodded and the guard produced the key, which Buddy took and pocketed. He grinned wickedly and then took Ayla by her arm, gripping it tightly enough to cause pain. His demeanor changed too, as if he was forgetting to act like a man of means now that he had the prize he coveted.

"Now enough of your snivelin'. You ain't old enough to be on yer own, and it ain't proper havin' scum like that takin' advantage of ya. Come on, we're goin' home." He began pulling her towards the side of the tent, where a mule was parked.

~GM~

August had been listening intently once more to the conversation between Ayla and the man that was apparently her father. As the man gripped his daughter tightly by the arm, August addressed him: "Would you be so kind as not to harass my crew? Because that will not end well for you." He made it sound like it wasn't a threat at all, but merely a statement of fact. He then turned to Jayne: "A criminal, am I? If you have found that out, you will also have seen that it was the Alliance who have set a bounty on my head and that they have failed capturing me themselves numerous times. My dear, I do not doubt that your skills in capturing criminals goes far beyond those of the Alliance, but I do feel that I should warn you and ask you if you have also found out why they have put a bounty on my head, because your life will probably depend on it." After this enigmatic explanation, August looked around as if he was waiting for someone to pick him up. He wasn't looking as if he was very eager to be picked up, but more like someone who had gotten there early for an appointment. But he was not in any way aware yet that his crew had already landed on the surface and was in fact very close.



-August Solitaire
avatar
Mischa Brendel

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Olaf was looking through his own binoculars and shook his head at Ronon's suggestion of the sniper rifle.

"Too risky, we don't know what that bitch and her guards would do to Ayla, or to the captain." Assuming they still had the captain. That was not a comforting thought.

"Looks like Ayla and the man are headed for that mule. Ronon, if you can create some fireworks on that small ship, we can slip around and see if we can see the captain. Maybe even get in there and rescue him in the confusion."

It wasn't the best of plans, but it was a plan.

----------------

Buddy merely grunted as he struggled to pull Ayla along. He had what he had come for and now he was getting as far as he possibly could from these people - especially if the Alliance was on its way.

Jane simply smiled at August as she turned away from Buddy and Ayla, who were nearly to the mule now.

"Oh my dear man, I already told you it doesn't pay to know the whys. The only thing that matters is the payment of the bounty."

She motioned for the guards to bring him forward until he was standing face to face with her.

"You said you wanted a seat and a drink, let's go have one. And then you can tell me how you expect to escape from me."

She turned and walked toward the tent. The guards pushed August forward behind her.

-----------------------

Olaf and Ronon saw the captain appear at the same time, being herded behind the woman as she approached the tent entrance. Maybe luck was on their side.

Olaf nodded to Ronon, "Go, now! While you make your way down to that first ship we'll cut around and storm that tent in the confusion!" Olaf turned the mule and started making a wide circle around to the other side, keeping enough distance so as not to be easily noticed. It would take him some time, he just hoped he'd get there before Ronon's handiwork was done.

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Misty Taylor on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:53 am

OOC: I know I'm late in regards to the post, but just now getting time & computer is being...picky on me.

IC:

"He ain't my pa!" Ayla screamed at Jane, knowing the lady wouldn't care. And before she could say anything else, Buddy had grabbed her arm, just a painfully as she remembered he could, and she whimpered. "They ain't the scum, Buddy Phelps, you are! Let me go! I've been on my own for years now and I ain't going nowheres with you!" She didn't want to become the scared little girl she used to bebut she knew that things weren't going to be pretty if he ever got her out of sight. She tried to toughen up and drag her feet. Tried to jerk away, but it only hurt her arm more.

Ayla

Misty Taylor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 38
Location : Alabama, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  KrystalB on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Jason Andersen wrote:Olaf was looking through his own binoculars and shook his head at Ronon's suggestion of the sniper rifle.

"Too risky, we don't know what that bitch and her guards would do to Ayla, or to the captain." Assuming they still had the captain. That was not a comforting thought.

"Looks like Ayla and the man are headed for that mule. Ronon, if you can create some fireworks on that small ship, we can slip around and see if we can see the captain. Maybe even get in there and rescue him in the confusion."

It wasn't the best of plans, but it was a plan.

----------------

Buddy merely grunted as he struggled to pull Ayla along. He had what he had come for and now he was getting as far as he possibly could from these people - especially if the Alliance was on its way.

Jane simply smiled at August as she turned away from Buddy and Ayla, who were nearly to the mule now.

"Oh my dear man, I already told you it doesn't pay to know the whys. The only thing that matters is the payment of the bounty."

She motioned for the guards to bring him forward until he was standing face to face with her.

"You said you wanted a seat and a drink, let's go have one. And then you can tell me how you expect to escape from me."

She turned and walked toward the tent. The guards pushed August forward behind her.

-----------------------

Olaf and Ronon saw the captain appear at the same time, being herded behind the woman as she approached the tent entrance. Maybe luck was on their side.

Olaf nodded to Ronon, "Go, now! While you make your way down to that first ship we'll cut around and storm that tent in the confusion!" Olaf turned the mule and started making a wide circle around to the other side, keeping enough distance so as not to be easily noticed. It would take him some time, he just hoped he'd get there before Ronon's handiwork was done.

~GM~

Naraea was part O thew storming party and was right beside Olaf sidearms in hand bracing herself for a fight.
avatar
KrystalB

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 33
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  James M on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 am

Ronon went into action and loaded the grenade launcher, then went into stealth mode. the big man slipped away working his way through the short brush toward the target ship , He pauses and looks for any permiter sensors, there were none , there were the exhaust ports and the main atmo engine intakes
With the stealth and speed of a big cat Ronon slides a charge into each opening, then ducks into the brush when a guard appears in a side hatch, Ronon sneaks up behind him and promptly puts his 21 inch arm around his neck, breaks it and drags the now dead guard into the hatch way, he deposits the body out of site, then it was plant the last of the charges next to the main controller, another guard appears and before he could even think of cuing his radio, Ronon slits his throat and drops him into a maintenance hole
Now it was time to blow the ship, Ronon jumps out of the hatch onto a third guard then fires the grenade into the open hatch, the ship begins to rock with explosions, Ronon slugs guard number 3 in the face and drives him into the ground
It was go time and the heat was on..literally as the small ship begins to burn nicely , then Ronon feels the sting of the bigger mans fist make contact, He rolls with the punch and comes up to face a mountain of muscle, he licks his lips and spits out his own blood , then goes to pull his gun, It was not there, but had been flung to the ground nearly 10 feet away, the big man begins to laugh ,Ronon was wired

" Yeah c'mon ,get four more of you and we'll be even, c'mon muscle head "

Ronon beats his chest and launches at the man, but soon Ronon is in the air and bounces off the burning ship, not good , the big man scoops Ronon up like a rag doll and slams him against the ship, a crowd was gathering as the two men fought

Ronon Dex

James M

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Mischa Brendel on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Jason Andersen wrote:Buddy merely grunted as he struggled to pull Ayla along. He had what he had come for and now he was getting as far as he possibly could from these people - especially if the Alliance was on its way.

Jane simply smiled at August as she turned away from Buddy and Ayla, who were nearly to the mule now.

"Oh my dear man, I already told you it doesn't pay to know the whys. The only thing that matters is the payment of the bounty."

She motioned for the guards to bring him forward until he was standing face to face with her.

"You said you wanted a seat and a drink, let's go have one. And then you can tell me how you expect to escape from me."

She turned and walked toward the tent. The guards pushed August forward behind her.

August let himself be led into the tent. Just before Ayla disappeared from his view completely, he turned to her: "Don't worry. We will get you back, not long from now." It wasn't so much that he wanted Jane to think that he had some genious plan to escape, although if she did think that he wouldn't mind, but it was more his use of the word 'we'. Let her think on that. August then walked into the tent where he could no longer see Ayla.

Misty Taylor wrote:"He ain't my pa!" Ayla screamed at Jane, knowing the lady wouldn't care. And before she could say anything else, Buddy had grabbed her arm, just a painfully as she remembered he could, and she whimpered. "They ain't the scum, Buddy Phelps, you are! Let me go! I've been on my own for years now and I ain't going nowheres with you!" She didn't want to become the scared little girl she used to bebut she knew that things weren't going to be pretty if he ever got her out of sight. She tried to toughen up and drag her feet. Tried to jerk away, but it only hurt her arm more.

Ayla

James M wrote: Ronon went into action and loaded the grenade launcher, then went into stealth mode. the big man slipped away working his way through the short brush toward the target ship , He pauses and looks for any permiter sensors, there were none , there were the exhaust ports and the main atmo engine intakes
With the stealth and speed of a big cat Ronon slides a charge into each opening, then ducks into the brush when a guard appears in a side hatch, Ronon sneaks up behind him and promptly puts his 21 inch arm around his neck, breaks it and drags the now dead guard into the hatch way, he deposits the body out of site, then it was plant the last of the charges next to the main controller, another guard appears and before he could even think of cuing his radio, Ronon slits his throat and drops him into a maintenance hole
Now it was time to blow the ship, Ronon jumps out of the hatch onto a third guard then fires the grenade into the open hatch, the ship begins to rock with explosions, Ronon slugs guard number 3 in the face and drives him into the ground
It was go time and the heat was on..literally as the small ship begins to burn nicely , then Ronon feels the sting of the bigger mans fist make contact, He rolls with the punch and comes up to face a mountain of muscle, he licks his lips and spits out his own blood , then goes to pull his gun, It was not there, but had been flung to the ground nearly 10 feet away, the big man begins to laugh ,Ronon was wired

" Yeah c'mon ,get four more of you and we'll be even, c'mon muscle head "

Ronon beats his chest and launches at the man, but soon Ronon is in the air and bounces off the burning ship, not good , the big man scoops Ronon up like a rag doll and slams him against the ship, a crowd was gathering as the two men fought

Ronon Dex

As soon as the explosion sounded, August took his chance. Both his guards were distracted for a very short moment, which was enough for the captain to take them out. As the two men still standing next to August, one on each side, the former bounty hunter bunted the back of his head into the throat of the guard on his right - the tallest one - hitting his Adam's apple with quite some force. August heard a crunch just behind his head and the guard immediately started making gurgling sounds while grabbing for his throat. But August was already busy with taking out the second guard. With his hands still cuffed on his back, he couldn't use his hands and he also didn't have the element of surprise as he had with the first guard. Right after taking out guard number one, August squatted down, coming in with a low clockwise spin kick, which resulted in the second guard landing on his back. Immediately August acted: he pulled his two feet from under him which left him in a sitting position. He lifted up his right leg, stretched it and brought it down on the guard's throat with all his might. But the guard was alert and managed to grab August's heel just before it hit home. Just as August had planned. Before the guard realized what was actually happening, the captain's left foot came down in very much the same way that his right had only a moment ago. Only this one was aimed a little higher. Less than a second later, the guard lay dead on the ground, the place where his nose had been one bloody mess. But August had no time to admire his handy - or rather footy - work: Jane was still in the tent as well and August was fully aware that he had no chance in taking her out. She was way better trained than these two goons and it was probably only the speed of everything that had happened which had prevented her from acting so far. August decided that he wasn't going to wait until she did. He quickly rolled onto his stomach, got up from the ground and made a run for it, heading towards where the explosion had come from.



-August Solitaire
avatar
Mischa Brendel

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Jason Andersen on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 am

Confusion erupted as one of the smaller ships exploded in a ball of fire. Jane stopped and turned that direction, then her attention focused on August as he took out both of her guards very quickly. She wouldn't have believed it if you told her, but she was smiling as she reached for a gun she kept hidden away for just these types of emergencies. As August burst out of the tent, a single shot followed him. The Captain felt a searing in his shoulder, and it was only his adrenaline that kept him on his feet and running towards the blast. The two guards that were at the ramp of the large ship saw him and yelled, "Hey!". Then another shot rang out, and one of the guards was clutching his chest. August heard, "Captain! Over here!" from over his right shoulder, away from the big ship.


The two guards stationed at the foot of the ramp turned towards the blast. This prevented them from seeing August burst from the tent, or the mule that had quickly appeared over the slight hill beyond, speeding towards them. Several of the other guards closer to the blast ran to the burning ship, as a figure could be seen there. One of the men, a giant among the others, was first to arrive and engaged the intruder in hand to hand combat. The large guard waved the others back. He had finally met someone who would be an interesting fight. He wanted to toy with this new play thing for a while.

The gun shot from the tent brought the two ramp guards attention back around towards August. "Hey!" one yelled, and they both started running towards the Captain. They failed to notice the mule beyond the captain, so focused were they on the escaped prisoner. That was the downfall for one of them, as he took a bullet to the chest.


Buddy jumped at the explosion, digging his fingers even harder into Ayla's arm. The bone bruised and would have snapped if Ayla hadn't cried out. Buddy knew what was happening - the Alliance had come, and they had found out about where he had gotten his money. They must have thought Jane and her ilk were in cahoots with him. Well, he wasn't sticking around to get himself blown up like they were. His adrenaline was now pumping fast too, and he literally dragged Ayla to the mule. Getting her inside was a different matter as she fought against him.

"Get in there, girl!" he growled angrily. The gun shot fired, and he became desperate. "God DAMN IT, GET IN THERE!" His fist raised and came down hard against her face, causing her vision to flash with the searing light of pain. With the girl somewhat more incapacitated, he lifted her into the mule. He didn't bother to strap her in, he didn't think she'd be crazy enough to try to jump from a speeding mule - she'd be seriously hurt or killed. He didn't have time for that anyway, as he jumped into the driver's seat and tore away as fast as he could, hearing another shot behind him. Ayla was groggy from the punch, but not completely unconscious - something Buddy wasn't aware of...


Olaf was gunning the mule as fast as it could go. Luckily he had been able to get around before Ronon set off those charges, and was now in a good position to intercept Buddy. Buddy was just jumping into the drivers side of his mule, when Olaf saw the Captain burst from the tent, followed by the shot that nearly dropped him. Buddy and Ayla started speeding away, and Olaf felt torn to make a choice between his new friend and his captain. He growled at the decision. Usually the Captain could handle himself, but with a bad wound and two guards headed towards him, Olaf didn't think the man stood much of a chance alone. He made his choice.

"Naraea, take the wheel! You and X get Ayla back and pick us up as quick as you can!" He didn't wait for her to actually take the wheel as he slowed to a somewhat safe speed, then jumped out, rolling and pulling his gun at the same time. His recent injury twinged, but he gritted his teeth and ignored it. Freya came with him. She landed hard, yelped a bit, but then recovered to follow her master.

"Freya, protect!" he commanded, pointing at the Captain. The dog ran into action as Olaf put a bullet into the chest of the first guard. In moments Freya would be on the second guard.

"Captain!" he yelled, "Over here!"

~GM~

Jason Andersen

Posts : 345
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Mischa Brendel on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:34 am

Jason Andersen wrote:Confusion erupted as one of the smaller ships exploded in a ball of fire. Jane stopped and turned that direction, then her attention focused on August as he took out both of her guards very quickly. She wouldn't have believed it if you told her, but she was smiling as she reached for a gun she kept hidden away for just these types of emergencies. As August burst out of the tent, a single shot followed him. The Captain felt a searing in his shoulder, and it was only his adrenaline that kept him on his feet and running towards the blast. The two guards that were at the ramp of the large ship saw him and yelled, "Hey!". Then another shot rang out, and one of the guards was clutching his chest. August heard, "Captain! Over here!" from over his right shoulder, away from the big ship.

August struggled to remain upright as the bullet entered his left shoulder. He knew that if he fell down it would be the end of him. Jane had been even more quick than he had anticipated. He chastised himself for being so sloppy.

As he kept running towards the burning ship, he suddenly heard a familiar voice call out to him. Without hestitation he changed his direction and ran towards the voice. He couldn't see Olaf, because due to his hands being cuffed on his back he was looking at the ground. All he could do now was trust his XO as he kept running as fast as he could.

Jason Andersen wrote:The two guards stationed at the foot of the ramp turned towards the blast. This prevented them from seeing August burst from the tent, or the mule that had quickly appeared over the slight hill beyond, speeding towards them. Several of the other guards closer to the blast ran to the burning ship, as a figure could be seen there. One of the men, a giant among the others, was first to arrive and engaged the intruder in hand to hand combat. The large guard waved the others back. He had finally met someone who would be an interesting fight. He wanted to toy with this new play thing for a while.

The gun shot from the tent brought the two ramp guards attention back around towards August. "Hey!" one yelled, and they both started running towards the Captain. They failed to notice the mule beyond the captain, so focused were they on the escaped prisoner. That was the downfall for one of them, as he took a bullet to the chest.


Buddy jumped at the explosion, digging his fingers even harder into Ayla's arm. The bone bruised and would have snapped if Ayla hadn't cried out. Buddy knew what was happening - the Alliance had come, and they had found out about where he had gotten his money. They must have thought Jane and her ilk were in cahoots with him. Well, he wasn't sticking around to get himself blown up like they were. His adrenaline was now pumping fast too, and he literally dragged Ayla to the mule. Getting her inside was a different matter as she fought against him.

"Get in there, girl!" he growled angrily. The gun shot fired, and he became desperate. "God DAMN IT, GET IN THERE!" His fist raised and came down hard against her face, causing her vision to flash with the searing light of pain. With the girl somewhat more incapacitated, he lifted her into the mule. He didn't bother to strap her in, he didn't think she'd be crazy enough to try to jump from a speeding mule - she'd be seriously hurt or killed. He didn't have time for that anyway, as he jumped into the driver's seat and tore away as fast as he could, hearing another shot behind him. Ayla was groggy from the punch, but not completely unconscious - something Buddy wasn't aware of...


Olaf was gunning the mule as fast as it could go. Luckily he had been able to get around before Ronon set off those charges, and was now in a good position to intercept Buddy. Buddy was just jumping into the drivers side of his mule, when Olaf saw the Captain burst from the tent, followed by the shot that nearly dropped him. Buddy and Ayla started speeding away, and Olaf felt torn to make a choice between his new friend and his captain. He growled at the decision. Usually the Captain could handle himself, but with a bad wound and two guards headed towards him, Olaf didn't think the man stood much of a chance alone. He made his choice.

"Naraea, take the wheel! You and X get Ayla back and pick us up as quick as you can!" He didn't wait for her to actually take the wheel as he slowed to a somewhat safe speed, then jumped out, rolling and pulling his gun at the same time. His recent injury twinged, but he gritted his teeth and ignored it. Freya came with him. She landed hard, yelped a bit, but then recovered to follow her master.

"Freya, protect!" he commanded, pointing at the Captain. The dog ran into action as Olaf put a bullet into the chest of the first guard. In moments Freya would be on the second guard.

"Captain!" he yelled, "Over here!"

~GM~

August was beginning to feel the fatigue, due to his running with a bullet in his shoulder. Judging by Olaf's voice, he was getting closer to the man. Suddenly Freya passed him in the opposite direction. August immediately realized who the dog was headed for and changed his direction lightly so that the second guard would follow him instead of thinking the approaching dog an easy target.

When he got close enough for Olaf to hear him, he shouted with as much control as he could muster: "Ayla has been taken by a separate party. Jane is in the tent that I ran from, armed." By now August was actually panting. He couldn't see it, but he suspected that he had lost quite some blood through the wound in his shoulder. But he had to continue. He was almost there.



-August Solitaire

OOC: Wow! Great writing, Jason!

-Mischa tpo August
avatar
Mischa Brendel

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Misty Taylor on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:16 am

Jason Andersen wrote:

Buddy jumped at the explosion, digging his fingers even harder into Ayla's arm. The bone bruised and would have snapped if Ayla hadn't cried out. Buddy knew what was happening - the Alliance had come, and they had found out about where he had gotten his money. They must have thought Jane and her ilk were in cahoots with him. Well, he wasn't sticking around to get himself blown up like they were. His adrenaline was now pumping fast too, and he literally dragged Ayla to the mule. Getting her inside was a different matter as she fought against him.

"Get in there, girl!" he growled angrily. The gun shot fired, and he became desperate. "God DAMN IT, GET IN THERE!" His fist raised and came down hard against her face, causing her vision to flash with the searing light of pain. With the girl somewhat more incapacitated, he lifted her into the mule. He didn't bother to strap her in, he didn't think she'd be crazy enough to try to jump from a speeding mule - she'd be seriously hurt or killed. He didn't have time for that anyway, as he jumped into the driver's seat and tore away as fast as he could, hearing another shot behind him. Ayla was groggy from the punch, but not completely unconscious - something Buddy wasn't aware of...


~GM~

Ayla kept repeating the captain’s words silently in her head wouldn’t do her a bit of good to say them out loud…and she desperately hoped it was true. There was no way she could go back to that life and survive. Then she heard the first explosion, and cried out as the pain already shooting through her arm got even worse she ever imagined. Ayla couldn’t do anything to stop Buddy from tossing her into the mule, not after the blow to her face. She’d have a nice pretty colorful bruise alongside her cheekbone to match the one she knew would be on her arm. And it that was the few she got from his hand, she’d be shocked. Ayla didn’t shake her head to try to clear it that would only make her head throb even more. Suddenly she realized he hadn’t strapped her in. But she couldn’t bring attention to that fact, or the fact that she wasn’t as out of it as Buddy probably assumed she was. Whatever she attempted, Ayla knew it had to be fast. If she wasn’t still cuffed she could probably attack him but he still had the key in is pocket… Closing her eyes she quickly braced herself, mentally for the decision she just made. She didn’t care how fast the mule was going, she’s rather take her chances and jump than be stuck anywhere with a man like him. Slowly she brought her feet up into the seat with her, curling into a ball, the best she could. Hell, she thought, he’d probably end up beating me to death anyway. With that last thought, Ayla quickly and taking a chance while Buddy shot a glance behind them, used her feet to push off of the seat. It worked better than she thought and she didn't even have to jump much, the wind helped push her over the side of the mule and she hit the dirt hard, rolling a couple of times before she blacked out and finally stopped.

Ayla

OOC: See....she jumped Smile

Misty Taylor

Posts : 55
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 38
Location : Alabama, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  James M on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:14 am

Ronon knew he was being played with by the mountain of muscle, he shakes his head to clear the cobwebs, then he spots some action going on around him in the distance, he had created a great distraction with the gathering crowd , Then he spots August running from a tent, Olaf in the mule making for him and what the frack, Ayla tumbling from another mule which was heading away
The adrenalin began to really kick in, Ronon was angry now, he flexes his lean 21 inch arms, then in a flash attacks the wall of muscle, as he lunges at the man, he pulls a knife from his dreads and plants it into his opponents throat then slashes it wide open, Blood goes everywhere as Ronon severs the coroditt artery , the bigger man drops to the ground dead, Ronon manages to grad his gun and open up on the others before they had a chance to think
Others fled the scene not wanting to take on the 6'4" dread head . Ronon uses further explosions to duck back into the brush and make his way to Ayla

Ronon Dex

James M

Posts : 194
Join date : 2011-04-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  KrystalB on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:36 pm

Naraea took the Drivers seat of the mule quickly and steered as best she could. She tries to evade as many bullets and pieces of shrapnel as she could. There was a hell of alot of chaos going on around her so she had to focus on driving the mule and not getting shot and or blown up. That was a job in an of it self.
avatar
KrystalB

Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-04-28
Age : 33
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Clearing - Haven (Odyssey)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum