I'm back, if you'll still have me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm back, if you'll still have me.

Post  Mike Miller on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey, everybody. It took some searching, but I found Phoenix Roleplaying once again. Those of you who know me from AJJE and the early days of Phoenix know me as Topher, but it's simply Mike now.

I want to apologize for my sudden disappearance nearly a year ago. I was going through some things I'd rather not discuss and it caused me to more or less cut myself off from the world. I hope I didn't cause too much trouble around here, but I'm doing good now and I've decided to return. I have no intentions of taking on to heavy a role, but I'm definitely interested in a bit of roleplaying if you'll have me back.

-Mike Miller

Mike Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm back, if you'll still have me.

Post  Zuzutoo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 am

Welcome back Topher... er... Mike. Glad to have you back on board, you've always got a home her

-Kevin
Zuzutoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Welcome back!

~Robert

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://phoenixrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Welcome back, Mike! This calls for a celebration!

- Silent

Silent Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Miller on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks guys! I'm glad to be back. I'm just looking for a place to get restarted so I can knock off the rust and get back to some roleplaying fun.

-Mike Miller

Mike Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Feel free to jump into any Sim - although I gotta say we could use another person on Kvant!

~Robert

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Miller on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:50 am

Hmm, I do have an idea for a gunhand who tends to get himself in a bit over his head what with being not so bright and a bit overconfident. He'll probably get the crew into more trouble than he'll help them get out of, but he means well. If that sound like it'll work I can flesh it out a bit.

-Mike Miller

Mike Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzutoo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:20 am

Pretty much room on all the boards. Atlantis just landed on Persephone. We need more on our fire team.
-Kevin
Zuzutoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mischa Brendel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:10 am

Hey Mike, good to have you back. Hopefully those unpleasant things in your life are sorted out now. You are always welcome aboard the Odyssey: we could always use an extra crew member. And then there is the Umbra, which is your old sim. We have moved on, but not that much, although Gore did get arrested and was written out of the story (at least temporarily). Maybe it would be interesting to join that sim again, possibly as another character?

Mischa
Mischa Brendel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter on Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:47 pm

I'm also looking for more players for Fighter Ops, to get it off the ground (pun intended).

Silent Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Miller on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks Mischa. I'm not sure if the Umbra will work for this character since he'd probably be inclined to try to kill most of the crew because of his sensibilities, and probably get killed in the process. Also, since it's been about a year since I've roleplayed I want to stick to one character for now and since I'm most familiar with Firefly I'm going to stick to a Firefly sim. I'll take a look at Kvant and Atlantis and see where this back birth, boneheaded would fit in best.

-Mike Miller

Mike Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Miller on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:18 pm

After reading through a bit one thing in particular stood out; Directive 493. All I can think of is how much fun it will be to try to keep Cletus out of trouble on the Kvant when the directive clearly stats not to do what he tends to do.

Mike Miller

Mike Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Awesome!

Not sure how much you read about what happened to the forums we had but near the end of March our forums were taken down without warning or much reason other than "yeah I seem to remember you violated something". Douches. Anyways, along with it went tons of data and we're waiting for Euan to revive the original site which, unfortunately, involves translating one type of code to another apparently.

So at current we don't really have character sheets up on Kvant, but if there's anything you want to know feel free to shoot Silent & I an e-mail and we'd be happy to fill in the gaps. Very Happy

~Robert

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Miller on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm

I saw a bit about it when I was searching for these forums. Sounds pretty ridicules. I also saw that AJJE had been shut down as well, though they also look to be back up. I'm glad for the players that they are up and running again, but I can only hope that they have some better leadership than who was in charge on our way out.

Well, I don't have any of my old contact info so if you could just send me a bit of history about the Kvant we can see about how best to get Cletus involved.

-Mike

Mike Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Andersen on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:49 am

Welcome back, friend. Glad to hear you are doing better.

Jason Andersen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:02 am

Mike Miller wrote:I saw a bit about it when I was searching for these forums. Sounds pretty ridicules. I also saw that AJJE had been shut down as well, though they also look to be back up. I'm glad for the players that they are up and running again, but I can only hope that they have some better leadership than who was in charge on our way out.

Well, I don't have any of my old contact info so if you could just send me a bit of history about the Kvant we can see about how best to get Cletus involved.

-Mike

Alas, the leadership is largely the same.

You should be able to find more information on Kvant and the Eagles of Warsaw here. I'll also pop you an email.

Silent

Silent Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:55 am

I actually have tears of joy in my eyes!!! My God it's good to have you back! We looked up your relatives on Facebook and Myspace and even looked into contacting the police in Fort Wayne!!

I remember you saying to Mike Palmer way back in the Old Country that your first name was Mike, your middle name Christopher, and if you want to be known as Mike now, that's cool bro.

The site that Robert mentions, the one that you'll remember from before, has now at last been restored and is accessible at http://phoenix.reide96.com/index.php

We're moving threads from here across to there, so look out for that happening over the coming weeks as we wind things down here and get things back up to speed on the main site.

If you want to take on any more characters, Billy's still pilot on the Ele and Amanda's been RPing him in your absence. Or you could have a new character oin any of my sims if you like.

Is your email address the same? I'll start adding you in to the various email threads if so.

Ash

Ash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Miller on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks Ash. I'm sorry for causing concern, but hopefully that all stays in the past. It's good to be back.

I'm still waiting to see what everyone wants to do on the Kvant, but I will be starting anew and won't be picking up any of my old characters. I've also already rejoined the old site and will only be playing the one character for now, but maybe I'll see about rejoining the Ele once I knock the rust off a bit and have bit more time on my hands.

-Mike Miller

Mike Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Hunter on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:26 pm

Mike Miller wrote:Thanks Ash. I'm sorry for causing concern, but hopefully that all stays in the past. It's good to be back.

I'm still waiting to see what everyone wants to do on the Kvant, but I will be starting anew and won't be picking up any of my old characters. I've also already rejoined the old site and will only be playing the one character for now, but maybe I'll see about rejoining the Ele once I knock the rust off a bit and have bit more time on my hands.

-Mike Miller

We're running on Kvant ATM on the old site, so please just join in there.

- Silent

Silent Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Miller on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Alright Silent, I'll have more time next week so I'll jump in then.

Also Ash, I forgot to mention that me email is now sidwashburne@gmail.com.

-Mike

Mike Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:34 am

Right you are, buddy, and no worries. Take your time and don't feel you have to rejoin the Ele! We still have both Billy and Wyatt (who I meant to mention last post but my hands went faster than my brain) and if you're after a fresh start I can imagine that simming alongside two of your old characters might be uncomfortable, so please don't feel shoehorned or steered or anything.

I'm super pleased to have you back amongst us and am looking forward to seeing you on the main site when I go read there in a bit! As for anything else, it's well out through the engine. :-)

Unless anyone's got something specific to add to this thread, we can probably close it down? Robert, if you would, please, give it a week and then close it unless of course the conversation continues.

Ash

Ash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Sure, although a reminder would be helpful! Very Happy

~Robert

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down